Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

kriordan22 wrote: »
    Hi Audrey. Many thanks I appreciate your reply. I had noted in previous threads many of the applicants who did not have professional qualifications failed to get through. I have a law degree as well as a level 6 in payroll. Hopefully this will be sufficient. I am in batch two and my interview is in March. I’m hoping to let limerick but from what I read the chances of this may be quite slim for someone in batch two.

You def have enough for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm in for interview during the 2nd week of march. Now to start learning everything that I put down on the application form :)

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm in for interview during the 2nd week of march. Now to start learning everything that I put down on the application form :)

You be fine, stick to the form and just make sure you have some small knowledge of revenues operations.

I was one or two things on it and luckily i knew them... got through with a very good ranking but still waiting for the call.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flo2009

Im in for the 2nd batch aswell, in on the 5th! best of luck..Anyone have anymore tips? dreading it

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kriordan22

Has anyone been offered a position for the Law stream? Are there any positions outside of Dublin? I applied for the law stream and tax however I do not have a level 8 in tax. Only law.

• Advertisement

Not sure, I am in the top 15 on the panel and I had picked Limerick for location. Haven't heard anything..

Do you mind if I ask which panel you are on? Law stream/ Accountancy etc?

How's the second batch of interviews going for people ?

I'm in Monday, I think I'm reasonably well set. Have a ton of scenarios learned off and a little on what Revenue does. Anxiously playing the waiting game now lol

I had mine on Tuesday, found it very tough tbh! Just know your application and extra examples in each scenario. They asked was I open to training-obv said yes! Board of 3, 1 man(who settled my nerves) and two women who were a bit more to the point. Very best of luck with it

How's the second batch of interviews going for people ?

I'm in Monday, I think I'm reasonably well set. Have a ton of scenarios learned off and a little on what Revenue does. Anxiously playing the waiting game now lol

Sorry didn’t tag you below but they also asked about systems revenue use, which I thankfully knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Has anyone from Batch 1 been appointed since?

• Advertisement

flo2009 wrote: »
    I had mine on Tuesday, found it very tough tbh! Just know your application and extra examples in each scenario. They asked was I open to training-obv said yes! Board of 3, 1 man(who settled my nerves) and two women who were a bit more to the point. Very best of luck with it

I had mine today. I think it went okay. I said pretty much everything I had to say. Had extra scenarios covered and got a few of them out. Ran out of time to get them all out. 2 fellas and a lady and they were lovely!

Fingers crossed now I did enough to pass all the competencies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Galantis

Very tough interview. Went into alot of details on form i submitted. Best of luck to everyone else doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Has anyone from Batch 1 been appointed since?

Starting in Nenagh on 1st April. Just waiting on my managers name to report to ðŸ˜

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Starting in Nenagh on 1st April. Just waiting on my managers name to report to ðŸ˜

You must be delighted, nice to start at the beginning of the month as well

audrey2014 wrote: »

Congrats!!

Ollie321 wrote: »
    You must be delighted, nice to start at the beginning of the month as well

Ya delighted to get a date now, looking forward to the challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

Extremely tough interview. Glad it’s over, best of luck everybody else doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭starstothesun

I had my Interview earlier this week! I felt I answered everything ok.. did anyone find that they didnt rephrase any questions to get a different answer (which apparently they can do) or at the end of each competency when the other board members asked had they any further questions to ask, they didnt add any extra just smiled and moved onto the next competency? Im confusd now and wondering if this is a good or bad sign! ! I currently work in Revenue as a EO so all my answers were revenue based! Fingers crossed.. persume it will b April before results will b out

I suppose it depends how long this round of interviews is going on for. One thing about this campaign so far, they havent hung around in letting us know where we stand

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I had my Interview earlier this week! I felt I answered everything ok.. did anyone find that they didnt rephrase any questions to get a different answer (which apparently they can do) or at the end of each competency when the other board members asked had they any further questions to ask, they didnt add any extra just smiled and moved onto the next competency? Im confusd now and wondering if this is a good or bad sign! ! I currently work in Revenue as a EO so all my answers were revenue based! Fingers crossed.. persume it will b April before results will b out

If you don't mind me asking, When did you do the supervised tests?

• Advertisement

If you don't mind me asking, When did you do the supervised tests?

It was approx. Mid November when i sat the supervised test. I think they called most to these tests together at the same time,both those sitting interviews in batch 1 and in batch 2.

My interview went the same and I hot through and placed already. You'll be fine ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Samo36835

Hi All, new to this. Did anyone contact Revenue to see when we may have the interview results? Found my interview very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Galantis

Samo36835 wrote: »
    Hi All, new to this. Did anyone contact Revenue to see when we may have the interview results? Found my interview very difficult.

They are interviewing till the 22nd so will be after then anyways

Samo36835 wrote: »

I found mine incredibly difficult also and I had thought I was reasonably well prepared. The questions were extremely specific and many were unrelated to my application. I suppose I should have anticipated this at AO level.. I wouldn’t be hopeful of a positive outcome after mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

kriordan22 wrote: »
    I found mine incredibly difficult also and I had thought I was reasonably well prepared. The questions were extremely specific and many were unrelated to my application. I suppose I should have anticipated this at AO level.. I wouldn’t be hopeful of a positive outcome after mine!

A friend did the same interview and came out feeling the same way. Said the interview was challenging and didn't feel it went well at all. Same person finished very high and was called for a start soon. It was very much an adversarial type interview and didn't cover any of the auditing questions that were prepped for. Try not to worry.

Apparently through a Revenue source, Interviews for batch 2 results will be released in the next week or two! Fingers crossed and good luck everyone!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ConfusedBlue

Will next round of offers be exclusively for batch 2 interviewees or are they issued to batch 1 and 2 based on panel placing?

Is there anyway of finding out: 1, the number on AO's currently in each regional location and 2, how many other panels exist for the same roles?

• Advertisement

Will next round of offers be exclusively for batch 2 interviewees or are they issued to batch 1 and 2 based on panel placing?

I think there are still people on Batch1 who have not yet been placed, for some streams anyway. There are definitely still people in Batch1 on the Law Stream to be placed so they would all have to be offered places before Batch2- at least presume! :confused:

Advertisement