Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kriordan22

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Is there anyway of finding out: 1, the number on AO's currently in each regional location and 2, how many other panels exist for the same roles?

I guess you could email panel placings, I am not sure how much general info they would give.. whcih stream are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

kriordan22 wrote: »
    I guess you could email panel placings, I am not sure how much general info they would give.. whcih stream are you in?

I did email but they didn't answer my question in response, I'm on all panels except for law. Given that the panel expires in Dec it really gives a short window to be hired which is frustrating

I did email but they didn't answer my question in response, I'm on all panels except for law. Given that the panel expires in Dec it really gives a short window to be hired which is frustrating

I don't work in Revenue currently, however just from what I hear from people who do work there, they mostly hire from the accounting and tax streams so you are definitely on the right streams. Hopefully a decision will be made on Brexit which will dfinitely spur recruitment.

Are you number one on the panel for your chosen location? I also hear Revenue will be doing a mass intake in September, from a friend who works in River House in Limerick. He said the mass intakes would happen in March and September and this did happen in March, so hopefully he was right about September also.

Best of luck and I hope you hear something soon. The waiting game is the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭starstothesun

Does anyone know how many people have been placed from Batch 1 and/or how many are left on the panel remaining to be placed from batch 1. ?

Results for batch 2 are out. Haven't opened mine yet as I've had a few rejections lately and trying to mentally prep for another one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Got the email this morning from Nada confirming that I passed the interview I did 3 weeks ago for batch 2. I'm on the list!

Rikand wrote: »
    Got the email this morning from Nada confirming that I passed the interview I did 3 weeks ago. I'm on the list!

Congrats well done :) I didn't get through myself but I was well prepared for that considering the interview went quite poorly.

Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sorry to hear that for you. But its good experience and you'll be better prepped for the next one that comes around having done this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

Rikand wrote: »
    Got the email this morning from Nada confirming that I passed the interview I did 3 weeks ago for batch 2. I'm on the list!

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

Congrats well done :) I didn't get through myself but I was well prepared for that considering the interview went quite poorly.

Sorry to hear.... Chin up!!

• Advertisement

Just seen my results.. finished in the 20s for both Taxation and Accounting... how did people fareout & Where is everyones location preferences?

If any consulation i did the AO last year and didnt get it & reapplied this year and have just got results I made the panel!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Joem123556

I’m delighted with my results, very high on several of the panels. Hoping for the North West area.

Joem123556 wrote: »
    I’m delighted with my results, very high on several of the panels. Hoping for the North West area.

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Daisymoo91

Anyone get any offers yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ciara A

Daisymoo91 wrote: »
    Anyone get any offers yet?

Nothing yet 😔

Does this mean now since March has passed all offers will run with the September intake I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Joem123556 wrote: »
    Does this mean now since March has passed all offers will run with the September intake I wonder?

This is what I assume, unless there is a location that nobody on Batch1 selected which has an opening and someone on Batch2 would get an immediate offer?

This is what I assume, unless there is a location that nobody on Batch1 selected which has an opening and someone on Batch2 would get an immediate offer?

Waiting game now! Brexit should also have an impact on positions along with huge numbers to retire this year and next too... anyone on here looking for Waterford, Tipperary or Kilkenny as a matter on interest waiting in batch 1 or batch 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Samo36835

Finished top 5 in Stats panel of batch 2. Fingers crossed vacancies arise soon!

• Advertisement

Is there anyway of finding out: 1, the number on AO's currently in each regional location and 2, how many other panels exist for the same roles?

Can I ask what location you chose? I’m in batch 2 and wondering if it’s the same area.

A little glimmer & hope for us all waiting ... I have heard that a person in the top 10 in batch 2 has been offered a position from the AO panelðŸ˜႒

A little glimmer & hope for us all waiting ... I have heard that a person in the top 10 in batch 2 has been offered a position from the AO panelðŸ˜႒

I think it depends on location to be honest. I’m top 5 in three panels but whether or not anything will come in my location is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Where was that person offered. What location?

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Where was that person offered. What location?

East & South East region

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭doc22

how big was batch 1, I didn't see any really high numbers from the 129 called to interview

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GoggleWoggle

Ya delighted to get a date now, looking forward to the challenge!

Congratulations on your placement. How are you getting on? Do you have Flexi time? Have you started the technical training? Sorry all the questions.I am currently going through clearance, I have just settled after months as an EO so am nervous to move again.

Congratulations on your placement. How are you getting on? Do you have Flexi time? Have you started the technical training? Sorry all the questions.I am currently going through clearance, I have just settled after months as an EO so am nervous to move again.

Thank you 😊
    It's a lot different than the work I'd previously been doing but I think I will like it.
    I have flexi at the moment but once I start technical training in possibly September, it wont be flexi. I'm not quite sure.
    Where were you assigned to, what county?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GoggleWoggle

Thank you ��
    It's a lot different than the work I'd previously been doing but I think I will like it.
    I have flexi at the moment but once I start technical training in possibly September, it wont be flexi. I'm not quite sure.

Assignment will be limerick, no formal offer as of yet. Is it a big change? Do you know if the training will be in-house?

• Advertisement

Thank you ��

Assignment will be limerick, no formal offer as of yet. Is it a big change? Do you know if the training will be in-house?

Brilliant delighted for you....big change for me because I came from the CGs office. Won't know the location of the training until they determine numbers. May be once the EO audit calls are done in May

Advertisement