Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Yes. I had asked if they planned on keeping it going for longer but they said no. A new competition is due to open shortly I believe.

Thank you. At least I know there is no point travelling to Dublin for nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Yes. I had asked if they planned on keeping it going for longer but they said no. A new competition is due to open shortly I believe.

Where did you hear that a new competition is to open? Will it be nationwide and are there particular areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Where did you hear that a new competition is to open? Will it be nationwide and are there particular areas?[/quote]

Someone who currently works in Revenue had to told me. I'm unsure about any details tbh but I would imagine that it would be Nationwide as this competition was. However when some regional locations have had no appointments it is very frustrating

Where did you hear that a new competition is to open? Will it be nationwide and are there particular areas?

Someone who currently works in Revenue had to told me. I'm unsure about any details tbh but I would imagine that it would be Nationwide as this competition was. However when some regional locations have had no appointments it is very frustrating[/QUOTE]

Why don't they just advertise where there are vacancies? Massive waste of expense to bring people in from areas where there will be no positions

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Someone who currently works in Revenue had to told me. I'm unsure about any details tbh but I would imagine that it would be Nationwide as this competition was. However when some regional locations have had no appointments it is very frustrating

Why don't they just advertise where there are vacancies? Massive waste of expense to bring people in from areas where there will be no positions[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more, also I would have appreciated if they would tell me how many appointments were made previously to Regional locations or even how many AO's currently work in each region.

I was placed top 3 Regionally in Batch 1 and the chances of a call at this stage is slim to none left feeling disappointed and frustrated

• Advertisement

Why don't they just advertise where there are vacancies? Massive waste of expense to bring people in from areas where there will be no positions

I couldnt agree more, also I would have appreciated if they would tell me how many appointments were made previously to Regional locations or even how many AO's currently work in each region.

I was placed top 3 Regionally in Batch 1 and the chances of a call at this stage is slim to none left feeling disappointed and frustrated[/QUOTE]

So you went through the whole process and placed so high as 3 in your location and no word at all?

Thats actually disgraceful and so bloody inefficient.

So you went through the whole process and placed so high as 3 in your location and no word at all?

Thats actually disgraceful and so bloody inefficient.[/QUOTE]

Glad someone agrees with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Internetscour

Wow genuinely shocked they are inviting more. Waiting on Sligo or Donegal here and unlikely I’ll be placed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Thank you. At least I know there is no point travelling to Dublin for nothing!

I'd still go tbh

Worst case scenario, everything is as said here and you dont get the job

But its not a waste of time. You'll get good experience doing the supervised tests and hopefully the interview for the AO and then if a new campaign is launched in a couple of months, you'll be much better prepped for it having had the experience of both above and hopefully be able to do as well or better the second time around. Going is win/win really imo

A new EO competition has gone live on the Revenue website, I'd assume AO will follow..

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/information-about-revenue/careers/career-opportunities.aspx

• Advertisement

A new EO competition has gone live on the Revenue website, I'd assume AO will follow..

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/information-about-revenue/careers/career-opportunities.aspx

I've actually seen that. Where does it let you apply or must you complete the registration first?

How does this work, where does it actually let you apply?

It seems you need to register an interest, but is that all you have to do?

Blanco100 wrote: »

How does this work, where does it actually let you apply?

It seems you need to register an interest, but is that all you have to do?

You can only register your interest for now, they contact candidates that are suitable after the closing date has passed

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

After not being called for the initial supervised tests, I received an email and phone call inviting to test tomorrow (for the 2018 comp). I was delighted and said that I will attend but from reading the thread I'm wondering why they would start testing again now if still doing interviews/using the successful initial panel.

I'll have to take an unpaid days leave to attend. Is this just a numbers game for them and no chance of a role with them as exhausting this panel in 2 months time and new comp opening? It would give me insight to supervised test environment but imagine no chance of anything else from it. Are others attending tomorrow or anyone have thoughts on such late calling? Thanks

Lougarden wrote: »
    After not being called for the initial supervised tests, I received an email and phone call inviting to test tomorrow (for the 2018 comp). I was delighted and said that I will attend but from reading the thread I'm wondering why they would start testing again now if still doing interviews/using the successful initial panel.

I'll have to take an unpaid days leave to attend. Is this just a numbers game for them and no chance of a role with them as exhausting this panel in 2 months time and new comp opening? It would give me insight to supervised test environment but imagine no chance of anything else from it. Are others attending tomorrow or anyone have thoughts on such late calling? Thanks

What are your location choices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Go for it Lou. Use it as experience if nothing else comes from it. Thats a very quick turnaround of 1 day, so they must have a vacancy in your location that needs an urgent filling that they cant get from the existing panels.

1 days leave worth it for a shot at the job imo

I would have picked louth and meath. I think we had 2 county choices. It's that long ago now but I wouldn't have gone for Dublin.

Rikand wrote: »
    Go for it Lou. Use it as experience if nothing else comes from it. Thats a very quick turnaround of 1 day, so they must have a vacancy in your location that needs an urgent filling that they cant get from the existing panels.

1 days leave worth it for a shot at the job imo

Thanks, yep I'd hate to waste an opportunity. It came out of nowhere and unexpected but because of that too I couldn't understand how they'd only be doing supervised tests now. I'm sure they'd have an existing panel already for each county to pick from

Lougarden wrote: »

I would have picked louth and meath. I think we had 2 county choices. It's that long ago now but I wouldn't have gone for Dublin.

There's a chance they have exausted the Louth panel, I'm not sure how many were on each panel per location but the numbers weren't big to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

How did people find the tests?

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard of any placements since?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BMHOPE

Results from tests last week are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

BMHOPE wrote: »
    Results from tests last week are out.

Did you get a text?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BMHOPE

No by email, then another with interview date. I don't think revenue ever text results.

For those who are going to interview soon, have they said anything about the lifetime of the panel ie is it still going to expire on 31/12/19?

For those who are going to interview soon, have they said anything about the lifetime of the panel ie is it still going to expire on 31/12/19?

As far as I know the panel will expire on 31st as a new AO completition is due be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kilkenny Tom

I'm next in my chosen location. Any chance there'll be movement before close date?

I'm next in my chosen location. Any chance there'll be movement before close date?

Hi, did they contact you to tell you that you were next or did you ask where you were on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kilkenny Tom

No, I contacted them.

• Advertisement

Has anyone had their interview yet and if so how was it?

Advertisement