Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

BobCat123 wrote: »
    Has anyone had their interview yet and if so how was it?

Pretty intense and in depth. Just have the 6 or 7 things they ask for well researched and learned off. Loads of good examples. They'll ask you to improvise with some questions about what you expect as part of daily life in revenue.

Just rehearse and rehearse and rehearse and prepare and prepare and prepare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

Any word when results will issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RCL173

Hi, just wondering does anyone know if a new AO competition will be announced soon, or is it likely to be next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

RCL173 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering does anyone know if a new AO competition will be announced soon, or is it likely to be next year?

This panel is due to expire on 31/12/19, however some interviews have only recently taken place so I'm not sure if they are going to extend it for a while or not.
    This time last year this competition was already underway. Timeline for reference: supervised exam on 31/10/18, invite to interview early Dec, interviews in Jan and results issued first week of Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sinniewinnie

Any idea when results are out ?

• Advertisement

Any idea when results are out ?

Issued yesterday afternoon

Issued yesterday afternoon

Has anyone chosen Donegal/Sligo/Monaghan?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

Ollie321 wrote:
    Has anyone chosen Donegal/Sligo/Monaghan?

I know someone Top 15, results went out yesterday

Has anyone received any offers?

I’m in top ten for tax,not a peep

• Advertisement

I’m in top ten for tax,not a peep

It's frustrating when the panel is due to expire soon and no confirmation if they are going to extend or what the story is in general re vacancies

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

Ollie321 wrote: »
    It's frustrating when the panel is due to expire soon and no confirmation if they are going to extend or what the story is in general re vacancies

Same here

eire1987 wrote: »
    Same here

If the panel does expire on 31/12 that realistically only give approx 3 weeks to get a call. I have been waiting since Feb for said call I doubt it will come at this stage

The new AO competition is going live later this week.
    The current panel will still expire on 31/12/19.

I feel sick that I placed so high for my regional choice without a single place being offered for said location. To continue to interview people for the same location so soon to closing date surely leads to a waste of resources

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kriordan22

The new AO competition is going live later this week.
    The current panel will still expire on 31/12/19.

I feel sick that I placed so high for my regional choice without a single place being offered for said location. To continue to interview people for the same location so soon to closing date surely leads to a waste of resources

So annoying, I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. Almost makes me glad I failed the interview.

kriordan22 wrote: »
    So annoying, I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. Almost makes me glad I failed the interview.

At this stage I wish I had failed the interview. Waiting on a call since Feb, which I don't think was unrealistic on my behalf with being so highly placed esp on a border county with Brexit on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cocopup

Would a general business degree level 8 make you eligible for the AO in audit and compliance

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Cocopup wrote: »
    Would a general business degree level 8 make you eligible for the AO in audit and compliance

Not the new 2019 campaign.

It probably would be, depending on what modules you studied. If you have any relevant modules they tend to accept you. A colleague of mine currently working in Revenue queried his degree in politics, and was deemed to be eligible because he studied economics modules.

Definitely worth enquiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cocopup

I will inquire. I am an EO in revenue at the moment.

It probably would be, depending on what modules you studied. If you have any relevant modules they tend to accept you. A colleague of mine currently working in Revenue queried his degree in politics, and was deemed to be eligible because he studied economics modules.

Definitely worth enquiring.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how many were appointed from this panel and and to which locations?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zulu Art

The Dec recruitment asked if people were available to start in March 2020. Is there a chance that there is a batch hiring on the horizon?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

Hi I'm currently in Revenue as an EO, applying for the AO 2019 Comp I asked the question 're general bbs degree like Business/HR/Marketing, was told no had to be a specific stream like Accounting. Previous yrs it was generalised but not this competition. I have a BBS degree in Accounting but Taxation was a major subject in my final year & I was informed I was not eligible for the Taxation panel.

3002 wrote: »
    Hi I'm currently in Revenue as an EO, applying for the AO 2019 Comp I asked the question 're general bbs degree like Business/HR/Marketing, was told no had to be a specific stream like Accounting. Previous yrs it was generalised but not this competition. I have a BBS degree in Accounting but Taxation was a major subject in my final year & I was informed I was not eligible for the Taxation panel.

I would be inclined to advise you to ask again- a friend of mine has a degree in Public Admin- Economics was a minor subject and he was deemed eligible for the Economics stream. Definitely check again or ask to speak to a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

I would be inclined to advise you to ask again- a friend of mine has a degree in Public Admin- Economics was a minor subject and he was deemed eligible for the Economics stream. Definitely check again or ask to speak to a manager.

Thank you for your reply.
    I got it rechecked & a manager reverted back in December 2019 before the closing date explaining "that this year's competition is different to previous. To apply for a Panel you needed your degree to be specifically majoring in the field of learning listed in the panels" so my BBS degree in Accounting would not be eligible for Taxation I was informed. I'm ok as I was able to apply for the Accounting Stream but a bit harsh I feel on others who have a level 8 in general business studies etc.

3002 wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply.
    I got it rechecked & a manager reverted back in December 2019 before the closing date explaining "that this year's competition is different to previous. To apply for a Panel you needed your degree to be specifically majoring in the field of learning listed in the panels" so my BBS degree in Accounting would not be eligible for Taxation I was informed. I'm ok as I was able to apply for the Accounting Stream but a bit harsh I feel on others who have a level 8 in general business studies etc.

That's definitely very harsh- I'm sure they will take plenty off the accounting stream anyway- fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 GalwayGirl2020

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the supervised tests that had to be done for the administrative officer campaign im 2018? I got through to the supervised tests this year and was wondering what the tests were like for the previous campaign. How did ye all practice for the supervised tests? Did ye buy a numericl and verbal reasoning test online to practice? Which websites did ye use?

Hi all, I was just wondering for those who were appointed from this panel, what location did u get and what panel did u come of? Or do you know how many positions were given to locations or came of each panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Hi all, I was just wondering for those who were appointed from this panel, what location did u get and what panel did u come of? Or do you know how many positions were given to locations or came of each panel?

If you're asking from the perspective of trying to figure out how many positions there's going to be in (say) Galway this time around, you're wasting your time. Too many variables at play. Positions generally arise to fill vacancies created by retirement, transfer or promotion of a HEO/AO. The distribution of those, and the business decisions by senior managers as to where to move the deckchairs on their respective ships, now that all of the operational divisions are national, is completely unknowable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 GalwayGirl2020

Hi All.
    I was just wondering if any of you took up a position as an administrative officer with Revenue through the accounting stream? Just wondering how are ye finding the job? Is it tough? Was there any training? What does the iob entail? I am so very sorry for reckoning your heads. I am just curious about the role. I have been placed near the top of the panel for the 2019 admin officer with the revenue (accounting stream). I am nervous and am wondering what are Revenue like to work for? Is there any training? Thanks a million in.advance

Advertisement