Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chestnut trees?

Options
  • 20-09-2018 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Anyone know where there are any Chestnut tree in or around Dunmore rd?
    Kids collect conkers every year.
    They are gone in the place I usually go. I noticed loads yesterday on the ground. All gone today!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

April1 wrote: »
    Anyone know where there are any Chestnut tree in or around Dunmore rd?
    Kids collect conkers every year.
    They are gone in the place I usually go. I noticed loads yesterday on the ground. All gone today!

There's one by the old church between Oscars and the woodlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Brasscock church as said above. Also old road up to ballygunner village. Just after you turn up at becketts pub the old road is into the left used to be few trees uo there. Wouldn't be many people going up there as its cul de sac now so id say should be plenty of conkers. Woods down behind ballinakill downs has few chestnutt trees as well. i think

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭April1

The Brasscock church is the usual place I get the conkers, yesterday when I passed in the car there was loads on the ground. They are all gone today and in the church grounds too.
    I will try the cul de sac on the left.
    Thank you.

Do you mean the road up the hill towards Ballygunner?
    debok wrote: »
    Brasscock church as said above. Also old road up to ballygunner village. Just after you turn up at becketts pub the old road is into the left used to be few trees uo there. Wouldn't be many people going up there as its cul de sac now so id say should be plenty of conkers. Woods down behind ballinakill downs has few chestnutt trees as well. i think

Do you mean the road up the hill towards Ballygunner?

Yeh when you turn up at becketts towards ballygunner. Take the first left and the old road is on the right. Used to be few trees there anyway.

• Advertisement

Yeh when you turn up at becketts towards ballygunner. Take the first left and the old road is on the right. Used to be few trees there anyway.
    Thanks I will take a look. I'm not sure what you mean when you say old road.

Yeh thats its. Turn right in there that's old road up there. There used be trees uo there on the road and in off the road

There are no trees up there just a few houses in the cul de sac.
    I might have the wrong place , as I Cant see any older road, Its all new.
    Yeh thats its. Turn right in there that's old road up there. There used be trees uo there on the road and in off the road

• Advertisement

Advertisement