Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanillarama II - Double the vanilla - SIGN UP THREAD game starts 7.10.18

Options
  • 20-09-2018 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

Modded by Pter, Molly & Necro.

Players:

1.Lord TSC
    2.BJ
    3.Yossarian
    4.Gannicus
    5.Fixxxer
    6.Duffman
    7.Digi
    8.Tritium
    9.Virtanen
    10. Flushy
    11. Jack
    12. Sully
    13. Barney
    14. sKeith

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sure :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

:( I'd love to, but no, better not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

In

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

yes please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Put me on subs bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ill sub too

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Appreciate the offer guys, but i dont know if we will be doing subs.....it will be a low committment game and plain vanilla with 15 people.....if people drop they drop. Are you sure i cant convince ye to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

1st timer gorum gamer. What do we have to do and whats the game about?

Welcome Gannicus!

Werewolf is a forum based mystery game.

We sign up some players, secretly assign them all parts to play (some good and some bad), and its up to everyone to figure out who is bad.

There is a FAQ for 'what Werewolf is' here, but there isnt anything like jumping in to learn the ropes.

This game will be a particularly good one to join in as well!

Have you played anything like this before or just spotted it on boards and was curious?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Gannicus wrote: »
    1st timer gorum gamer. What do we have to do and whats the game about?

Excellent! Fresh meat is always welcome! Good to have you on board.
    First thing you'll need to do is request access to post in the Werewolf forum: you can do that here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057657618

The very basic premise of the game is that there are 2 teams. One village, one werewolf. Both need to kill the other to win the game. Werewolves know each other and can communicate in a backroom to kill the villagers. Villagers have to use their sleuthing skills to weed out the wolves and lynch them but they have some help in a seer who can peek a player to find out their role, a bodyguard who can protect a player from the munch and other roles depending on the game setup. Wolves can munch a villager each morning (usually at 10am) and village can lynch a player each night (usually at 9pm).
    This thread will hopefully explain in a bit more depth:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789174

This game will be a very basic game with only a few roles so it should be fairly simple to understand. The best way to learn how to play is to just get stuck in and ask questions.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Welcome Gannicus!

Werewolf is a forum based mystery game.

We sign up some players, secretly assign them all parts to play (some good and some bad), and its up to everyone to figure out who is bad.

Will have a read through it and see if I am capable of playing and not holding back the gameplay.

There is a FAQ for 'what Werewolf is' here, but there isnt anything like jumping in to learn the ropes.

This game will be a particularly good one to join in as well!

Have you played anything like this before or just spotted it on boards and was curious?

This is my first game and I have been curious for a while now about forum based games and stuff like D&D
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Excellent! Fresh meat is always welcome! Good to have you on board.
    First thing you'll need to do is request access to post in the Werewolf forum: you can do that here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057657618

Done cheers MollyB60.

This is my first game and I have been curious for a while now about forum based games and stuff like D&D

You are very welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Ah fudgsicals!

I was hoping to get another game in before Christmas but that's the week of my midterms :(
    If only it was a week later and I'd be free to ignore my real world responsibilities again.

mitsuko045 wrote: »
    Ah fudgsicals!

I was hoping to get another game in before Christmas but that's the week of my midterms :(
    If only it was a week later and I'd be free to ignore my real world responsibilities again.

Sorry Mitsuko! Mod availability and not wanting to be too close to the other Oct game mean we can only really do w/c 7th!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sure count me in. Hoping the Vanilla experience will mean I stop having flash backs to the coloured orbs or the sherlock riddles :D

Readinng through:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057657718)

and

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106233950&postcount=20

It all seems very complicated to me. (Sorry not familiar with this format of gaming at all)

Readinng through:

and

It all seems very complicated to me. (Sorry not familiar with this format of gaming at all)

The full list of roles are never used in a single game. (thank god)
    And while some of our games (like the Sherlock one just finished) can be complex with a ton of roles and different rules, this one is just gonna be a very basic game with no shenanigans or confusion. It's actually the best sort of game to dive into if you are interested in the game at all.

It might sound confusing at first but once you get into it things get easier. Keeping notes on people is recommended!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So folks we're going to try a different format of speed days just as an FYI.

Instead of the traditional method we are going to run a speed day on the Monday, timings to be announced nearer the start date.

It's hoped it might work better and leave enough time for full days for end game for both teams.

Just so you know the details before signing up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Readinng through:

and

Best way to learn is just to play, tbh. You'll be sucked right in from the start.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    The full list of roles are never used in a single game. (thank god)
    And while some of our games (like the Sherlock one just finished) can be complex with a ton of roles and different rules, this one is just gonna be a very basic game with no shenanigans or confusion. It's actually the best sort of game to dive into if you are interested in the game at all.

It might sound confusing at first but once you get into it things get easier. Keeping notes on people is recommended!
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Best way to learn is just to play, tbh. You'll be sucked right in from the start.

Grand. I'll just have to grab the bull by the horns I suppose.

• Advertisement

Readinng through:

and

Yeah those are the combination of a few years of playing.

This game will be what we call Vanilla, which means not hugely complicated in terms of the roles we hand out. So you can almost ignore that role list altogether for this game (it will make more sense to you after the game).

What is going to happen this game is:

- we will have a list of 15 players
    - to maybe 8 or 9 of those players, we will say (via PM on an individual basis) you are a villager in an imaginary village. Your village has been infested by werewolves, but you dont know who has become a werewolf. By questioning your fellow villagers, find the werewolves. If you think you have found one, you vote for them to be killed in a nightly lynch.

- to 2 or 3 more players we will say (via PM) you are a villager but you have the ability to peek 1 player a day and we will tell you if they are normal or baddie OR you have the ability to shoot any player you like each day and they will die OR you have the ability to stop the werewolves killing a person each day. these people can also vote in the lynch, and their powers will be secret.

-to the remaining people in the 15, we will say (via PM) you guys are wolves. Your job is to kill all the villagers without being killed yourself.

Its a role playing murder mystery game essentially.

Its not that complicated when you start playing - and we mods will be here to help out if you are struggling.

That beginners guide needs to be simplified, i think.

That beginners guide needs to be simplified, i think.

I actually think it's fine. Maybe just needs a TL:DR summary?

.... Its a role playing murder mystery game essentially.

Its not that complicated when you start playing - and we mods will be here to help out if you are struggling.

Cheers Pter.

Good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Tentatively in, might change a little closer to the time but i believe I've not much on that week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've played four or five games only so I still miss a lot, but the figuring things out as you go is great fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Appreciate the offer guys, but i dont know if we will be doing subs.....it will be a low committment game and plain vanilla with 15 people.....if people drop they drop. Are you sure i cant convince ye to play?

Put me in then so, two games a month is too much for me but Im about to start watching the Sopranos so ill get spoilered in the other one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Ooo, there's another October game? You might see me for that one so!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

mitsuko045 wrote: »
    Ooo, there's another October game? You might see me for that one so!

Yep, this is the warm up :)

Advertisement