Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf! FEEDBACK THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ha, 5 wolves end up with twice as many posts in their backroom as 14 dead people!! That's what you get when you put Necro and me in a room together! :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Sorry folks. Got swamped in work this week and unusually had two shows to go to this week after work.wasn't conducive to getting involved.some slaughterhouse tho. Well done wolves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Steve WW wrote: »
    Sorry folks. Got swamped in work this week and unusually had two shows to go to this week after work.wasn't conducive to getting involved.some slaughterhouse tho. Well done wolves.

:p You nearly had me day 2. Nearly.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Killed by a ricochet, the ignominy of it!

Great game everyone. Shame to be killed early but I kept watching from the sidelines. Well played team Wolf!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Necrominus wrote: »

Near, but yet so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

must be the most emphatic win

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hey Holly :)

Grrr

must be the most emphatic win

Star Wars was a Sith whitewash, QB was on that team too iirc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Star Wars was a Sith whitewash, QB was on that team too iirc

No, but I co-modded it with Andy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What happened with Winnies explanation for picking people? Going after wolves !! How did you decide on that story?

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    No, but I co-modded it with Andy.

So Andy has overseen two wolfwashes? I think we should lynch him.

Are we doing a feedback thread or can I ask stuff here? I know I didn't post in it but the feedback thread after the lastgame was good imo

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Clodagh has been reset.

Thanks for a great game mods! Love the riddles, really got everyone going on day0.

Man that was a head**** of a game and I know I didn't help that either!

Sorry for outing you wifey! But glad you put the bullet to good use. (And did some superb giffing in the process)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Absolutely loved the modding of this game. Top notch modding team. Not being a player in your own game was preformed perfectly, as far as i've read so far.

Absolutely loved the design of this game too. Lots of great new dynamics that could have a led to many different outcomes.

The wolves of this game played an absolute stormer, i have yet to read their back room, but will get around to it soon and i know i will enjoy that read.

The serial killer message was brilliant. well done beaker, for the pre lynch chaos, laughed hard at you laughing at the ansewers coming in to the nonsense riddle.

pity the house keeper never got to use their lynch change, that could have been interesting, and i myself never got to take advantage of my -3 lynch count. :( which i loved, as i could act out quite a bit and not fear lynch, as long as i kept others close, dammit that i was racing the vig... funny that of the pair, one has a protect in for des, and the other shoots des, lmao..

Really enjoyed your game. tyvm.

TTFN

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Bounty Hunter/ Irene Adler has Abigail's password as before and wants to say great game mods! Had loads of fun but that was def helped by having such a good team who all survived till the end.

Drumpot wrote:
    What happened with Winnies explanation for picking people? Going after wolves !! How did you decide on that story?

It was completely deliberate that sudden change of mind. Was laying groundwork for her eventual death, as she counted as a number for village parity.

It was completely deliberate that sudden change of mind. Was laying groundwork for her eventual death, as she counted as a number for village parity.

I liked Irene but think your role would have been great Craig altogether, that said kinda feel that role was tailor made for you. Not many could have more than 100 posts with their dummy account.

The irony of a theme about the worlds greatest detective where not a single baddie is found out :pac:

Great craic... need to log out but on my phone and lazy :D

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    At least I was right about Abigail.

Ahh Liam you tunneled me so much from day zero you ended up in China or more accurately Taiwan where BH was sitting in his wolf Den, pity nobody listened to you mols

Thanks again mods, was a great experience anyways. Game was epic, and while I'm not in a rush to run two accounts again, I hope I did the role justice :)

To all those I maimed, used or munched, I apologise, you were what is known as collateral damage.

I'm sure I'll be treated the same courtesy by you in the not too distance future.

To my wolfmates, thanks for putting up with my madness over the past week, raining me in at times when necessary, and setting up groundwork all over the place. Best team I was on since my very first game of WW tbh.

Now you lucky folks are treated to not one, but TWO sign up threads for the next month of games.

And NO, ye can't lynch me first night. I'm co modding both! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

mitsuko045 wrote: »
    Clodagh has been reset.

Thanks for a great game mods! Love the riddles, really got everyone going on day0.

Man that was a head**** of a game and I know I didn't help that either!

Sorry for outing you wifey! But glad you put the bullet to good use. (And did some superb giffing in the process)

Ah no bother hubby. I like using the bullets - got myself and wolf and SK (even though I didn’t actually pick out the SK)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah I enjoyed the game, fantastic lay out, impressively moderated by the gang. Finally got SK role but died too soon. I did think I was massively out gunned compared to everyone else but I felt I could do it. Damn wolves and their trickery.

I didnt like the spoiler free back room from a dying early POV. I wanted answers and while I can see the mods reasoning for keeping it spoiler free, I didnt like it very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Guys I don't mean to be super negative about the game. It was REALLY enjoyable and I loved loved loved the riddles on day 0. It completely changed the dynamics of the game start and gave the group something meaty to get stuck into rather than posting gifs for the first day.

But. I HATE hidden roles in a game. I understand that they give an extra exciting element to a game but imo it skews the balance of the game unfairly in favour of the wolves. In that game, there was NO WAY that the village had a chance to work out the Moriarty messages thing. And it led them down a path that they couldn't have come back from. We saw it in the last game too when the apprentice priest (ie me) role led drumpot to almost lose his mind trying to make it fit into the OP. I understand that the entire premise of the game is that the wolves have more information than the village and that's fine. And I also understand that it allows for wolves to fake claim roles which is fantastic (never forget Grampa Simpson). But having a role or mechanic that isn't mentioned in the OP just isn't fair in my eyes. The village is already working with imperfect information, it adds even more unnecessary confusion to the game to have people not be believed because it wasn't a named role.
    Thus endeth my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Was there a discussion around whether to reveal Wini to the priest as NRV or wolf?

Just curious as the double account thing is a new mechanic from the last 2 games.

I did say before that being a wolf seemed to be getting harder. I think you can either deprive the village of info or give the wolves extra toys to play with / give the wolves some other advantage to give the village a challenge.

I prefer having all the roles out and beefing up the wolves, but thats a personal choice. Im frustrated i didnt play as well as i should have, but the wolves played me like a fiddle, so i cant really complain at all about the setup.

If i had stuck on Orla on D1, game may have been completely different.

Pter wrote: »

If i had stuck on Orla on D1, game may have been completely different.

giphy.gif

Possibly. I won't get away with my antics in another game I don't think.

Was thinking about what BJ was saying about the sk. It is probbthe hardest role to play in many regards.

What if something like on day before the munch the Sk has to choose whether he wants to enact a power that makes him invisible for the day? He gets no kill on day 2 so everyday thinks he’s dead. He peaks good that day. Maybe he can even also send a note to somebody like moriarty.

Of course the note thing might not be the best bonus power cause he could send it to a wolf. Unless he gets to send a message to a random nrv. He writes the message and the mods choose a random nrv.

Then he’s back with a vengeance day 3 and everybody’s “wtf”!

Also is there any reason why it can’t be announced that there has been a sub? I thought clearing up Eva’s lynch error helped keep the game on point. Then we had all the wasted discussions on Eva. This element is just as much not s game mechanic (sub) as an error on the votes so I would of thought a simple note saying Eva has been subbed or something would allow people to continue on in game mode.

Another thing with subs which may not be a good idea but is there any benefit to the sub having a non used anon account? A subs posting style will change and when looking back on their posts it’s not easy to see the different players. If Eva and say Phil were the same character but different people at least we could address the Phil character who wouldn’t have to keep saying “that wasn’t me” and if we wanted more context to see if a relationship existed we could search “Eva” to see if she interacted a certain way with people.

Another thing is more a way of evening things out but I presume you do this on some level. It’s unfair on a team acing it but it’s if you want to be able to level things out a bit. If on day x a certain amount of goodies or baddies are dead you give bullets or bonus powers (like the bullet transfer from Watson).

I loved the puzzles. Anything that makes day 0 worthwhile is great. Is there anyway these could be incorporated into the OP, particulars for complicated roles? So each day villagers can try to figure out more specific dynamics of a persons power. If on day 4 or 5 you are finding out moriarty can send notes or somebody has two lives the village still has to work backwards to see how it fits in with whatever story they see...

Guys I don't mean to be super negative about the game. It was REALLY enjoyable and I loved loved loved the riddles on day 0. It completely changed the dynamics of the game start and gave the group something meaty to get stuck into rather than posting gifs for the first day.

But. I HATE hidden roles in a game. I understand that they give an extra exciting element to a game but imo it skews the balance of the game unfairly in favour of the wolves. In that game, there was NO WAY that the village had a chance to work out the Moriarty messages thing. And it led them down a path that they couldn't have come back from. We saw it in the last game too when the apprentice priest (ie me) role led drumpot to almost lose his mind trying to make it fit into the OP. I understand that the entire premise of the game is that the wolves have more information than the village and that's fine. And I also understand that it allows for wolves to fake claim roles which is fantastic (never forget Grampa Simpson). But having a role or mechanic that isn't mentioned in the OP just isn't fair in my eyes. The village is already working with imperfect information, it adds even more unnecessary confusion to the game to have people not be believed because it wasn't a named role.
    Thus endeth my 2 cents.
    Pter wrote: »
    Was there a discussion around whether to reveal Wini to the priest as NRV or wolf?

Just curious as the double account thing is a new mechanic from the last 2 games.

Didn’t Winnie show up good aswell which added an extra layer to confusion. Surely having two accounts should be more then enough. Also it would be cooo if one showed up Batman and other Bruce Wayne. So the OP might only mention Batman but when Bruce shows up dead or peaked people can at least put it together that there are two characters for that role...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Thus endeth my 2 cents.

There was huge scepticism behind the Winny claims in the dead room, although when she died as NRV i was convinced she was Adler. Gabriel was the only one railing really and then Conor somewhat later in the day. Gab was made look like a loon for legitamitely questioning the reveal and the power of it. Knowing now it was a dupe account, the wolves didn't give a **** if it got lynched as it'd had sowed so much misinformation.

I'm not adverse to hidden roles but i get your point with this as there was effectively an unknown wolf out there. I actually thought Sherlock got two accounts for a while but that didn't pan out.

A bit disappointed I died so early but enjoyed reading the backroom spoiler free. I initially found it tough but then without the benefit of hindsight it made it interesting figuring it all out.

Cracking game with a very interesting day 0. Fair play mods

Drumpot wrote: »
    Didn’t Winnie show up good aswell which added an extra layer to confusion. Surely having two accounts should be more then enough. Also it would be cooo if one showed up Batman and other Bruce Wayne. So the OP might only mention Batman but when Bruce shows up dead or peaked people can at least put it together that there are two characters for that role...

Well Winnie was a mind controlled NRV, that was the power. Counted as parity for the village as well.

Handy to shove off down the line but two accounts was carnage to play. Really exhausting.

Had Orla been killed, Winnie died alongside her but not the other way around

• Advertisement

Well Winnie was a mind controlled NRV, that was the power. Counted as parity for the village as well.

Handy to shove off down the line but two accounts was carnage to play. Really exhausting.

Had Orla been killed, Winnie died alongside her but not the other way around

But its not really mind control if its an empty NRV account in fairness. Its having 2 accounts.

Advertisement