Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf! FEEDBACK THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I was thinking that this game alright, whats the fool seer? A joint wolfchat with an NRV mole would be a cool one, obviously you'd need another wolf team or SK to give the NRV cover.

Maybe a Mason in the joint room

I was Loki the fool seer that game, i believed i was an actual seer but i was given a 50 50 chance of correct info and my bad info not only fueled the tensions between the wolf teams but also had my own team mates doubting me.

I was gonna suggest in one of my sk notes that I had eyes on the wolf backroom to out a wolf, now that would be cool.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think I asked this in the backroom but don't think the mods answered:

If I (Abigail/Irene) had been still in the village (hadn't been recalled to the wolf backroom) and showing as a NRV with Village Parity at the time of a village win... Would it be considered a win for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If mod want me to update the summary post, fire on the text and ill pop it in there!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, how were the backrooms this time round (as in speed? Last game, they were very laggy. Did removing all the links help?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I was Loki the fool seer that game, i believed i was an actual seer but i was given a 50 50 chance of correct info and my bad info not only fueled the tensions between the wolf teams but also had my own team mates doubting me.

I was gonna suggest in one of my sk notes that I had eyes on the wolf backroom to out a wolf, now that would be cool.

Ah yes,,sorry again for losing it a little after you died :D

that's an interesting one alright, I really liked you getting to write flavour in this game, would love to see that expanded upon

• Advertisement

I found COP worked much better.

My one time as a Drunk Seer was as Barry in Eastenders. I didn't know I was a drunk seer but my character did give me an incling. Was frustrating afterwards when I realized if I wasn't drunk my picks were all actually wolves! not that I got that info back.

Maybe a Drunk something role where if you realize you are drunk you can become a real one

How did you find the reaction to your riddle BJ?

Mods can you give Necro or myself admin access for COP please?

Molly doesnt get any because of the......incident.

My one time as a Drunk Seer was as Barry in Eastenders. I didn't know I was a drunk seer but my character did give me an incling. Was frustrating afterwards when I realized if I wasn't drunk my picks were all actually wolves! not that I got that info back.

Maybe a Drunk something role where if you realize you are drunk you can become a real one

Seer : Can peek a player ti discover their role once a night. Has the ability to critically assess their life once during the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

"The Moment of clarity" phenomena

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Pter wrote: »
    How did you find the reaction to your riddle BJ?

Oh man, the second riddle! I though that was an excellent play. Really helped throw the first lynch into disarray and pretty much set the tone for the rest of the villagers play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Here are some abilities from a few drafts that didn't make the game due to various reasons

Sherlock and Mycroft were going to have a backroom where they could talk to each other and hinder each others abilities

Was also going put Mycroft and Eurus in the same situation

Molly Hooper was going to be a semi passive priest with alignment shown at death on thread and her receiving the roles, Molly was also going to know one nrv but unknown to her the nrv would in fact be Moriarty, seer would have known this if they peeked molly so effectively gave moriarty double the chance of being peeked (i spelt jim into mollys role description that no one noticed)

Sherlock was going to be able to fake his death somehow

Mycroft divert was going to be an everyday power

Mrs Hudson was going to be the only one to receive the lynch vote results

Irene was going to be able to make one person follow her lynch votes and she would peek good in investigations

Eurus was going to be able to mind control an active player

There was more but i cant remember, it changed quite a lot over the days

Mods can you give Necro or myself admin access for COP please?

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Seer : Can peek a player ti discover their role once a night. Has the ability to critically assess their life once during the game.

"You have peeked Abigail WW and see she is a member of the wolf team.

You have also looked at your own life. Your job is destroying your soul, but with a mortgage and two kids, can you really afford to quit?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

mitsuko045 wrote: »
    Oh man, the second riddle! I though that was an excellent play. Really helped throw the first lynch into disarray and pretty much set the tone for the rest of the villagers play

Yeah, between my readslist discussion and then Beaker's riddle the first lynch was essentially a side thought.

:D

I think I asked this in the backroom but don't think the mods answered:

If I (Abigail/Irene) had been still in the village (hadn't been recalled to the wolf backroom) and showing as a NRV with Village Parity at the time of a village win... Would it be considered a win for me?

No, as you were to always play in the evils interests so if the village won you would have failed

Necrominus wrote: »
    Yeah, between my readslist discussion and then Beaker's riddle the first lynch was essentially a side thought.

:D

I felt so vindicated for shooting that down after D1 had 7 people up, and we only got worse from there :D

andy125 wrote: »
    No, as you were to always play in the evils interests so if the village won you would have failed

I coulda worked with that. Like how I still claim Mogwai was not a baddie (cmon have you seen Gremlins he's the main good guy!), there I could highlight how I was the only wolf to ever survive a losing game

I felt so vindicated for shooting that down after D1 had 7 people up, and we only got worse from there :D

Hint: If Necro starts talking about readslists on day bloody 1, he's probably only trying to derail the thread :pac:

• Advertisement

Hint: If Necro starts talking about readslists on day bloody 1, he's probably only trying to derail the thread :pac:

We really should give them a whirl though

We really should give them a whirl though

I agree tbh, FFAs can sometimes actually help wolves more than villagers imo.

If i EVER have a suspicion on Necro again....EVER....he will die.

If i EVER have a suspicion on Necro again....EVER....he will die.

Tbh, I'm expecting to be a priority lynch in the next game I play :(

I agree tbh, FFAs can sometimes actually help wolves more than villagers imo.

Do you think? Im normally one of our biggest shouters for them, its rare I live long enough to be able to ffanomics (thats how the -nomics thing works isn't it?) but I find them helpful to straighten out my thoughts and I feel I get good reads from other people.

Then again, I think Des might be right that the smarter wolves know how to play around them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Tbh, I'm expecting to be a priority lynch in the next game I play :(

Whoever posts the first GIF on the next game gets a bullet from the Vig day 0 :pac:

Do you think? Im normally one of our biggest shouters for them, its rare I live long enough to be able to ffanomics (thats how the -nomics thing works isn't it?) but I find them helpful to straighten out my thoughts and I feel I get good reads from other people.

Then again, I think Des might be right that the smarter wolves know how to play around them

Someone (Des/Keith) will probably be along in a while to explain my point in more depth I expect but yeah, given we run with them on a regular basis they're pretty easy to game, imo anyways.

Not gonna say how though :P

Someone (Des/Keith) will probably be along in a while to explain my point in more depth I expect but yeah, given we run with them on a regular basis they're pretty easy to game, imo anyways.

Not gonna say how though :P

Fair, I have my own tactics for playing them as a wolf, but I think I'd catch myself as an NRV which is why I put heavy stock in them, would like to hear a good wolf word on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Be careful of Des, he's "sinister".
    Eva WW wrote: »
    where as Des seemed more "sinister".
    I have a more sinister feeling about Des.
    I suspected Des as a sinister guy

Stu, did I creep you out that much?

• Advertisement

:/ I think I might have broken Stu on day 2 tbf :(

Sorry Stu.

Advertisement