Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf! FEEDBACK THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

sKeith wrote: »
    Be careful of Des, he's "sinister".

Well, he does get unique hits for forum searches for

"adolf"
    "SS"
    and
    "Schutzstaffel"

That's pretty sinister...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Just getting on now

Thanks mods for a really clever and well run game.

Well done wolves, really well played

Sorry to my own team that my schedule this week meant I didn’t get to invest as much time as the game and the team deserved- sometimes RL just doesn’t behave:)

And being Sherlock was cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Wonderfully clever game mods, well done.

I need to read through this thread fully and some of the game details still but one piece of hopefully constructive feedback I’d give is around the Sherlock role. It’s insanely powerful. Piloted by a better player than myself it would be able to clear half the village by peek three and effectively lock out a game. This game had a few mechanics (sk, pill kill, hidden wolf) that help against that but it could potentially kill the wolves chances by itself with very little momentum swing. Maybe only allow it on alternate nights or something would be my thoughts

(Although I loved having the role :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just on the hidden abilities. I think they can add something if you have enough players who are very familiar with the source material. The problem is if there is no way to infer the parameters from somewhere. I don't see how the village could be expected to figure out the notes thing wasn't real? I mean, is sending notes something that is intrinsically linked with Moriarty character? Powers work if they have a counter or cost to them, but looking at the game unfolding, I couldn't see any way for the village to doubt what was being fed to them, especially with wini and Irene acting as trojan horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pter wrote: »
    How did you find the reaction to your riddle BJ?

Hindsight I could have did it better. I enjoyed the ability to sit back and watch the initial panic. I rushed it and Gab and Derry saw the flaws in it.

I didnt want the Seer to actually reveal, that would have been a bonus. I just wanted chaos to hide within.

• Advertisement

Quick poll,

What's the next number up from 17?

what's the next letter up from R?

In the name of science. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

tritium wrote: »
    Wonderfully clever game mods, well done.

I need to read through this thread fully and some of the game details still but one piece of hopefully constructive feedback I’d give is around the Sherlock role. It’s insanely powerful. Piloted by a better player than myself it would be able to clear half the village by peek three and effectively lock out a game. This game had a few mechanics (sk, pill kill, hidden wolf) that help against that but it could potentially kill the wolves chances by itself with very little momentum swing. Maybe only allow it on alternate nights or something would be my thoughts

(Although I loved having the role :p)

Mycroft would also have shown as bad on investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hindsight I could have did it better. I enjoyed the ability to sit back and watch the initial panic. I rushed it and Gab and Derry saw the flaws in it.

I didnt want the Seer to actually reveal, that would have been a bonus. I just wanted chaos to hide within.

But the answer was 'order', yeah?
    Quick poll,

What's the next number up from 17?

what's the next letter up from R?

In the name of science. :)

Q

Its counter intuitive but 'next up' applies differently to numbers and letters, imo.

But the answer was 'order', yeah?

Q

Its counter intuitive but 'next up' applies differently to numbers and letters, imo.

I can't get an answer with google, thats why i came to ask here in poll fashion, to see if we get a divided answer or not.

Sorry....have i ruined it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

I can't get an answer with google, thats why i came to ask here in poll fashion, to see if we get a divided answer or not.

Well you know my answer :P

And my bad on not making it clearer

andy125 wrote: »
    Well you know my answer :P

And my bad on not making it clearer

I do, and most other people, so far I am the only weirdo that has it backwards.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Andy did it right.

Down from T is U.
    Up would be S.

Re FFAs: I personally hate them. Even as a villager I find it really hard to come up with a list and decent reasons beyond 'feeling'.

Just finished the deadroom.

We really do equate aggressive with wolfy.

I wonder why. :D

It was fun to try an aggressive play style, but i dont think id do it again!

quickbeam wrote: »
    Andy did it right.

Down from T is U.
    Up would be S.

Re FFAs: I personally hate them. Even as a villager I find it really hard to come up with a list and decent reasons beyond 'feeling'.

I preferred pters answer, at least he said what it was in his opinion.
    I only made an error in not getting clarification.

But you straight out, black and white, say I'm just wrong. :(

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

If i EVER have a suspicion on Necro again....EVER....he will die.

I feel like Necro dies regularly on day 1 or early in a game, is that just me? But yeah Necro dies first from here on in, you don't even need suspicions Pter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

duffman13 wrote: »
    I feel like Necro dies regularly on day 1 or early in a game, is that just me? But yeah Necro dies first from here on in, you don't even need suspicions Pter

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

quickbeam wrote: »
    Ecto, you're far better at the game than you give yourself credit for. Your backroom was a revelation. Eg, you noticed something I don't think anyone else noticed (including the two wolves you mention): "Why did Orla FFA Nigel if it's true she suspected him of sending her the note?" If you have more confidence in your thoughts you'll be a seriously scary M-F to play against!

Thanks QB. From reading this thread and backrooms I think I need to at least put my ideas out there more. I'm really not good at 'cold reads' but I definitely do notice stuff and I don't always say it on thread.

I stressed out too much over this one, I think I like being an NRV too much :D

Ectoplasm wrote:
    I stressed out too much over this one, I think I like being an NRV too much

Next time gimme a shout and we can swap.

Mind you I might like Priest role more if a hairy wolf EVER showed up!

• Advertisement

Ectoplasm wrote:
    Mind you I might like Priest role more if a hairy wolf EVER showed up!

And to think you could have had.....this lovely car

*Pulls rope, reveals car.

Every game I learn more. The car offer was unexpected.

*Note to self: accept free car offers in future

Can't win really. Free car offers rejected. Gold stars not accepted as sincere.

I need a new rewards and incentives system.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Can't win really. Free car offers rejected. Gold stars not accepted as sincere.

I need a new rewards and incentives system.

Ill accept them Pter..... only if you stay in your WW account

beakerjoe wrote:
    Ill accept them Pter..... only if you stay in your WW account

Yeah I saw that in the backroom (that people were annoyed).

I'm not going to make excuses I shouldn't have made as many slips as I did, but I dont rate it as high for annoyance as others.

Surely it's my anonymity to wave, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm not going to make excuses I shouldn't have made as many slips as I did, but I dont rate it as high for annoyance as others.

Im always banging on about this but every Wolfy post by Pter is a Wolfy post Gabriel should have made, it means anyone looking to ISO you has to ISO two accounts, and thats only if they know who's who.

Im always banging on about this but every Wolfy post by Pter is a Wolfy post Gabriel should have made, it means anyone looking to ISO you has to ISO two accounts, and thats only if they know who's who.

If I could make it so that I can't post in my normal account I would. We tried before and it didn't work. And I do have to switch between accounts to do my job as mod.

I can try to be careful, as I do, but ultimately if you can't forgive me my slips, it's a choice between playing and getting booted or not playing at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

As I said in the back room my solution is to just have my access removed and as I’ve no real intention of playing non anon it’s a handy answer
    But petr simply can’t do that

But all players should simply quote the post and remover the quotes in their ww account when they do

When I do slip, and again I do try not to, I can always repost the slipped post in my anon account. That would address the iso issue.

• Advertisement

Yeah it didn't/doesn't bother me as, especially as it was just you and so easy to figure out who you were... but I see Digis point too. If lots of folks were doing it it would be annoying. Given your unique mod circumstances though, I think it's fair enough.

Advertisement