Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf! FEEDBACK THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pter wrote: »
    If I could make it so that I can't post in my normal account I would. We tried before and it didn't work. And I do have to switch between accounts to do my job as mod.

I can try to be careful, as I do, but ultimately if you can't forgive me my slips, it's a choice between playing and getting booted or not playing at all.

I can of course forgive your slips, I hope my tone wasn't off it doesnt bug me I'm just wary of people using it tactically, I know yourself is a special case too.

The different themes is one way to avoid it, I use a different browser for my Anon account too, means that WW and Boards are in two different places on my phone/laptop and its easier to keep them separate.

I also dont follow the game thread on this account until I die, ill normally read the op and maybe two or three pages in as Digi. When im Anon, if I click into the thread and see D0 chatter despite it being Wednesday, it immediately clicks im in the wrong account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I say we beat Pter with sticks.

All Eyes On Rafah

Pter wrote: »
    When I do slip, and again I do try not to, I can always repost the slipped post in my anon account. That would address the iso issue.

Ive put forward that this should be an enforced rule, as far as I can tell if its reposted all of my worries/issues disappear

I'd like to say that negative repercussions like a vote against you for every wrong post would probably curb the issue fairly sharpish but its harsh I think, maybe if it became epidemic

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I say we beat Pter with sticks.

This is also an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ive put forward that this should be an enforced rule, as far as I can tell if its reposted all of my worries/issues disappear

I'd like to say that negative repercussions like a vote against you for every wrong post would probably curb the issue fairly sharpish but its harsh I think, maybe if it became epidemic

Outside Of Pter I dont think It was an issue to be fair. Pter is a special case :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The second option could be gamed by savvy wolves would be my concern. They see Pter slipping once or twice and chuck a couple of votes on him, Pter gets lynched.

Never slipped myself, but I'd agree simply requoting the post in your anon account should be a rule. It's not something that bothers me terribly though, just another excuse to post a gif :pac:

I was TERRIFIED I was gonna post an Orla post in Winifred's account or vice versa, never mind my own account (which I abandoned for the week).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

duffman13 wrote: »
    Outside Of Pter I dont think It was an issue to be fair. Pter is a special case :D

No, most games have a few offenders, so this game was unique in only one. One with a decent excuse as a Boards mods too.
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Never slipped myself, but I'd agree simply requoting the post in your anon account should be a rule. It's not something that bothers me terribly though, just another excuse to post a gif :pac:

Yeah, just do this, I think is the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

quickbeam wrote: »
    No, most games have a few offenders, so this game was unique in only one. One with a decent excuse as a Boards mods too.

Yeah, just do this, I think is the best option.

Yeah I meant specifically in this game, no slips that I recall outside of Pter. Repost in the anon account is grand way of sorting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Can I ask why I was munched ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Kept jailers room for last, because i guessed it would be most entertaining, i was not let down.
    "Ah well I can always remarry."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was interesting reading an entirely spoiler free deadroom. Far less people can claim they would have known what to do if they were alive it'd seem. What are people's opinion on it being like that?

Was not one of the low posters but my name was not mentioned for around 12 pages :)

Jack Moore wrote:

Hey, I wanted to attempt to pocket you ;)

I'm crazy like that :pac:

QB thought you were roled iirc. Shoulda stuck to poor Des :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Was interesting reading an entirely spoiler free deadroom. Far less people can claim they would have known what to do if they were alive it'd seem. What are people's opinion on it being like that?

Was not one of the low posters but my name was not mentioned for around 12 pages :)

Reading through the DR was good with no spoilers. Actually validated some
    Of my own concerns/reads Regarding certain posters so I don’t feel as crazy paranoid. Also makes me feel less bad as you can see how good the wolves were this game...

Was your “argument” re RL stuff real or fake? I’m never sure about some things in this game.

Is using RL stuff, sub messing and pretty much saying anything fair game? I find it hard to lie as a villager, I think I get into the righeous goody role too much!!!

Drumpot wrote: »
    Was your “argument” re RL stuff real or fake? I’m never sure about some things in this game.

Is using RL stuff, sub messing and pretty much saying anything fair game? I find it hard to lie as a villager, I think I get into the righeous goody role too much!!!

:cool: I'm not gone on using outside stuff as a reason to FFA someone tbh.

Like my push on Eva, I used her taking 1.5hrs to produce her FFA, but I wasn't referring to RL stuff, just the timeframe that it took her to produce it.

Depends, in an anon game players have the option of giving up their identity, which I frequently do on a regular basis. I think in those cases it's probably free game, especially with no meta rule.

I'd just be concerned, tbh that it will end up then as what happens on MU, where players literally trawl old games looking for how, as an example:

How Necro played when he was a wolf VS how he played as a villager
    Phrasing he uses and actions he takes in both games
    Etc etc...

I'm not saying we ARE like that here at all, but I'd certainly prefer it to stay that way too.

Edit: I suppose to answer the question, yeah I was a bit ticked off - more so at Derry for calling me a low poster though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

I was asking the Moriarty

:cool: I'm not gone on using outside stuff as a reason to FFA someone tbh.

Like my push on Eva, I used her taking 1.5hrs to produce her FFA, but I wasn't referring to RL stuff, just the timeframe that it took her to produce it.

Depends, in an anon game players have the option of giving up their identity, which I frequently do on a regular basis. I think in those cases it's probably free game, especially with no meta rule.

I'd just be concerned, tbh that it will end up then as what happens on MU, where players literally trawl old games looking for how, as an example:

How Necro played when he was a wolf VS how he played as a villager
    Phrasing he uses and actions he takes in both games
    Etc etc...

I'm not saying we ARE like that here at all, but I'd certainly prefer it to stay that way too.

Edit: I suppose to answer the question, yeah I was a bit ticked off - more so at Derry for calling me a low poster though :pac:

Is fake losing the head ok? Once you don’t really upset anybody.

I’ve mostly been a goody in these games and I’ve only played this here so only have experience here.

Quite often I don’t have even one person I suspect and want to cite for myself. Is that frowned upon? Like is that considered cheating? I’ve slightly altered it now to just pick somebody I want to talk with on thread and who I know won’t get lynched.

Incidentally I would never if guessed Murray was Doris. That was a surprise. I think that’s where anon helps, no way would I believe he wasn’t rolled the way he was posting (or hiding)...

Is fake losing the head ok? Once you don’t really upset anybody.

No issue with that imo. As long as you aren't breaking Boards rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ha! Just remembered my post from the deadroom listing who left alive I thought were wolves. I think I got 3/5 right.

So 5 wolves in those 11 players? Yeah I think the village is fooked. My guess for the 5 would be Abigail, Gabriel, Gertrude, Nigel, Steve. But really I haven't a clue.

Quite often I don’t have even one person I suspect and want to cite for myself. Is that frowned upon? Like is that considered cheating? I’ve slightly altered it now to just pick somebody I want to talk with on thread and who I know won’t get lynched.

What do you mean here Drummy?

I'd say fake losing the head is grand, you can lose the head without abusing anyone which is where the issue would be.

• Advertisement

What do you mean here Drummy?

I'd say fake losing the head is grand, you can lose the head without abusing anyone which is where the issue would be.

I meant voting for yourself (don't know where Cite came from) . .

Quite regularly I haven't got even one target in mind, its a cop out I know, but sometimes I'm ok voting for myself (it seems to be possible most games to vote for yourself but its not necessarily an intended mechanic) .

Sometimes it can be fun to vote for myself to see the reactions , like I enjoy voting for certain people in game to give them a shock and see what they say. Depending on which way I get out of bed I enjoy hiding, messing or sleuthing. I am kind of an agent of polite chaos . :pac:

at that stage you thought des was more than likely an NRV with his 'If I was...' schtick, so the move off des was happening.

I meant voting for yourself (don't know where Cite came from) . .

Quite regularly I haven't got even one target in mind, its a cop out I know, but sometimes I'm ok voting for myself (it seems to be possible most games to vote for yourself but its not necessarily an intended mechanic) .

Sometimes it can be fun to vote for myself to see the reactions , like I enjoy voting for certain people in game to give them a shock and see what they say. Depending on which way I get out of bed I enjoy hiding, messing or sleuthing. I am kind of an agent of polite chaos . :pac:

Re voting yourself. Why? You are the one person you are 100% sure is on team village. So why vote the 100% sure thing, send it anywhere but at the 100% villager direction.

sKeith wrote: »
    Re voting yourself. Why? You are the one person you are 100% sure is on team village. So why vote the 100% sure thing, send it anywhere but at the 100% villager direction.

Never thought of it that way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Can a wolf munch one of their own?

Guffy wrote: »
    Can a wolf munch one of their own?

This is a good question. There are situations where it looked plausible and strategically beneficial for them to do so... riles usually state you have to act in your teams interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Fine for wolves to lynch one of their own but not munch.

Lynching a wolf under pressure can buy you some villager credit, sometimes.

Munching a wolf does nothing except decrease your majority by 1, thusly not playing to your win condition (achieving parity)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Jack Moore wrote: »

One for the ego

"Strong player kill"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Rikand wrote: »
    Fine for wolves to lynch one of their own but not munch.

Lynching a wolf under pressure can buy you some villager credit, sometimes.

Munching a wolf does nothing except decrease your majority by 1, thusly not playing to your win condition (achieving parity)

Player A (seer) reveals as seer

Player B (wolf) reveals as seer

Wolves munch player B discreditingall of player A's info.

Playing to win imo

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    Player A (seer) reveals as seer

Player B (wolf) reveals as seer

Wolves munch player B discreditingall of player A's info.

Playing to win imo

Or village starts to get a consensus that wolf 1 has connections with several wolves and has put a fair few pieces together. Look at how beneficial it was for the wolves to sacrifice Winnie.

It’s seems that people are arguing semantics when it comes to technical ability to munch or get wolf lynched. It’s still killing one of your own team just in different ways...

The question of “play in interest of your team” is motive. If your motive is to confuse village and buy others wolves cover then I don’t see the problem with munching a wolf as a strategy. Granted it’s going to cost the wolves a player but there is more then one way to skin a cat....

Advertisement