Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf! FEEDBACK THREAD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

The plays that guffy & drumpot show, only work if no auto priest, and team are fairly sure that they are out of play.
    Whereas i guess Rikands comment comes from playing with auto priest as default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Drumpot wrote: »
    Or village starts to get a consensus that wolf 1 has connections with several wolves and has put a fair few pieces together. Look at how beneficial it was for the wolves to sacrifice Winnie.

It’s seems that people are arguing semantics when it comes to technical ability to munch or get wolf lynched. It’s still killing one of your own team just in different ways...

The question of “play in interest of your team” is motive. If your motive is to confuse village and buy others wolves cover then I don’t see the problem with munching a wolf as a strategy. Granted it’s going to cost the wolves a player but there is more then one way to skin a cat....

Id probably agree that you can munch a teammate and still play in the interest of your team but on the middle bit, bussing a teammate is bussing a teammate, more experienced players will know what to look for in a bussing situation or any wolf-wolf interactions, theres nothing to look for in a munch so i dont think its semantics there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

sKeith wrote: »
    The plays that guffy & drumpot show, only work if no auto priest, and team are fairly sure that they are out of play.

But Winnie showed as NRV in last game. Perfect example of where the wolves killing Winnie would of left the village in total disarray.

I think if it like alien resurrection where there were 3 aliens in a cell. The “goodies” never suspected that two of the aliens would kill the other one to use its acid blood to burn through the cage and escape... ;)

As ripely said “you don’t see the aliens f**king each other over for the percentage Burke”. But they will die or allow themselves to be sacrificed for the good of the colony...

But Winnie showed as NRV in last game. Perfect example of where the wolves killing Winnie would of left the village in total disarray.

There was nothing stopping wolves from killing winnie in last game, except that it was losing an advantage.
    Winnie was a villager under the control of the wolves.

if wolves munched her, they lose a chance of munching better target and lose control of a villlager, who they can get lynched by acting out.

if i was on wolf team, i wouldnt be munching her, she was an asset. but, she was not member of wolf team, so they could have munched her if they wanted to, nothing stopping them doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

There was nothing stopping wolves from killing winnie in last game, except that it was losing an advantage.

if wolves munched her, they lose a chance of munching better target and lose control of a villlager, who they can get lynched by acting out.

if i was on wolf team, i wouldnt be munching her, she was an asset. but, she was not member of wolf team, so they could have munched her if they wanted to, nothing stopping them doing that.

It came up as a possiblitiy in this game where it was mentioned by the villagers.

It came up in the last game as well.

Tbh i dont think it should be allowed and think we should just put a firm no on it.

If the wolves did munch Winnie and you were on team village, how would you square her powers being bad? That clears Orla and any other wolf they might of cleared ...

I am not saying you are wrong btw, I just see this from a different perspective. Considering I’m usually lost in these games I am interested to hear more experienced players give me their insight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Reading back on the this thread, I still don't know how the village was going to survive with two sleeper agents and an out of no where ability to send hidden messages though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Guffy wrote: »
    It came up as a possiblitiy in this game where it was mentioned by the villagers.

It came up in the last game as well.

Tbh i dont think it should be allowed and think we should just put a firm no on it.

Yeah it was an idea to discredit the real seer vs the wolf fake seer. Came too late in the game to make a difference though.

If the wolves did munch Winnie and you were on team village, how would you square her powers being bad? That clears Orla and any other wolf they might of cleared ...

I am not saying you are wrong btw, I just see this from a different perspective. Considering I’m usually lost in these games I am interested to hear more experienced players give me their insight....

you can read in dead room,

i was a villager.
    i misunderstood one of my powers and thought that winnie was mod cleared once I knew the sk was dead.

so, i didn't need her to be munched to think she was good, i already did.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Yeah it was an idea to discredit the real seer vs the wolf fake seer. Came too late in the game to make a difference though.

I think the fact the villagers believed the 12 hour time limit was their downfall. No one questioned the fact that the mods were opening themselves up to a a kill and mod post on thread at 4am for the mechanic to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Guffy wrote:
    I think the fact the villagers believed the 12 hour time limit was their downfall. No one questioned the fact that the mods were opening themselves up to a a kill and mod post on thread at 4am for the mechanic to work.

Actually it lended credibility for me. If it was legit, wini wouldn't be able to 'peek' via dieing in time for the info to be actionable before lynch. Mitigated the power enough to make it seem plausable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Guffy wrote: »

The SK kill was set to happen at any time, so it was already a possibility.

Maybe its wrong but I always weigh what I'd do as a mod, in the case of allowing a 4am kill that'd be G, i'd just do it when I woke up as there's effectively no difference in a 4am or 8am kill, so I figured it was possible

The SK kill was set to happen at any time, so it was already a possibility.

Maybe its wrong but I always weigh what I'd do as a mod, in the case of allowing a 4am kill that'd be G, i'd just do it when I woke up as there's effectively no difference in a 4am or 8am kill, so I figured it was possible

True but in that case it would of happened when the first mod saw it. Its not the same as saying it will happen in 12 hours from a post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Rikand wrote: »
    One for the ego

"Strong player kill"

Don’t be ignorantv

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Don’t be ignorantv

Jesus lad can't you read the backroom? One player thought Mary was dangerous and i think there were posts linked to a role, although that may have been due to kill announcement.

Rikand wrote: »
    One for the ego

"Strong player kill"
    Jack Moore wrote: »
    Don’t be ignorantv

MOD NOTE

Take it easy lads. no name calling on thread please.

We need to have a serious discussion about pasta after that game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Was thinking about that yesterday ... as I was eating my pasta dinner.

Who was it that said all pasta is the same?

• Advertisement

That would be me.

First the dog thing and now this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

All pasta is the same. There I said it

beakerjoe wrote:
    All pasta is the same. There I said it

You die second in the next game. After necro.

I wouldn't say that all pasta tastes the same. To be healthy, I tend to go with the wholewheat version which tastes different to the plain white. And posh eggy pasta does taste different to cheap supermarket pasta. But, within those varieties there's actually no taste difference depending on the shape they make. I get that some hold the sauce differently, but the pasta itself tastes no different whether it's flat lasagna, penne, spaghetti, tagliatelle, farfalle or whatever (hey, how about some of them for my next dog names??) It's like saying that a bread roll tastes different to a french baguette when made with the same dough when it's just the shape that's different.

Pter wrote: »
    You die second in the next game. After necro.
    Necros modding next game, so gets a free pass, which promotes beaker to 1st place, and its non anon, so he can't hide. ;)

Or....mod on mod brutality.

Although, I think the ABCs and the hoops and the spaghetti all taste the same too. Even those animal shaped ones taste the same too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necros modding next game, so gets a free pass, which promotes beaker to 1st place, and its non anon, so he can't hide. ;)

Which game is non anon? The vanilla or Paulie Walnuts game. .. or both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Which game is non anon? The vanilla or Paulie Walnuts game. .. or both

Vanilla is non-anon anyway.

Advertisement