Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings Account to Current Account

Options
  • 21-09-2018 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hiya. i have an active savings account from my college days which which id like to use as
    a day to day debit card/current account. Ive tried to update the account through online banking but no luck. when i called into my local branch they said it could be done online through the app but i cant seem do it. Can you please help. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Hiya. i have an active savings account from my college days which which id like to use as
    a day to day debit card/current account. Ive tried to update the account through online banking but no luck. when i called into my local branch they said it could be done online through the app but i cant seem do it. Can you please help. thanks.

Hi there,
    Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    Can I ask if the account in question is a savings account or an old student account? As we'd be able to change a Student account in to a normal current account by popping into a branch with some photo ID. But we wouldn't be able to change a savings account into a normal current account. You would need to apply for a new current account.
    If you'd be interested in opening a new current account I've given a link here that you can use to do this online.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

its a savings account..ill try set up a new account using the link your provided....thanks.

Advertisement