Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin won't let me port to Vodafone

Options
  • 21-09-2018 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I've tried three times to port my number over to Vodafone from virgin and each time virgin have rejected the request. I'm with a multi line on virgin mobile (others are on virgin mobile in the house) and I'm the only one switching to Vodafone.
    I tried to switch as a multi line then as a single line, both times virgin rejected it because I had submitted the wrong line types.

Tried again in a Vodafone store yesterday and again this morning found out that virgin had rejected the switch

Can't get through to them on the phone.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

LucBetton wrote: »
    I've tried three times to port my number over to Vodafone from virgin and each time virgin have rejected the request. I'm with a multi line on virgin mobile (others are on virgin mobile in the house) and I'm the only one switching to Vodafone.
    I tried to switch as a multi line then as a single line, both times virgin rejected it because I had submitted the wrong line types.

Tried again in a Vodafone store yesterday and again this morning found out that virgin had rejected the switch

Can't get through to them on the phone.

Has anyone had a similar issue?
    Did you give Vodafone your Virgin account number? Also make sure Vodafone are putting the port through as a bill pay account.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

The rejection process is automated, Vodafone must be entering some information incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Had a similar issue with porting from eir to three but because of the crap network i was still in a contract but they allowed me out it but made me wait a week on purpose.
    Do you owe money by any chance and also they have to allow you to port even if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

If it's a major problem ask Virgin to move the number to prepay then port.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Are their other mobile phone numbers accounts under the exactly the same virgin account your connected to (one bill & one account number for all the numbers connected to it) ? If their is two or more numbers under one customer account number / one bill ,then you must ask the Vodafone store to submit a port in Request Multiline from Virgin Mobile to Vodafone give the account number on your bill. The port in to Vodafone Request could also be getting rejected if their is any outstanding balance on the account with any of the numbers under the one account number if you pay bill cash only . Please check .

CVB

• Advertisement
Advertisement