Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does beechwood gate compare to barnwell woods?

Options
  • 21-09-2018 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am planning to buy a 4 bed in hansfield. I believe there is a 4 bed available in both beechwood gate and barnwell woods. just want to enquire which one is a better development and which one i should be picking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

kevincool wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy a 4 bed in hansfield. I believe there is a 4 bed available in both beechwood gate and barnwell woods. just want to enquire which one is a better development and which one i should be picking?

I wouldn't imagine theres much between them. Poor amenities and community, poor transport and roads, it's no malahide, clontarf or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Can you elaborate on poor amenities and transport? It's right next to a train station, a frequent bus service, dedicated cycle and bus lanes, schools, shops and leisure amenities are within walking distance.

I recognize your user name from your constant lambasting in the Dublin 15 forum of anything to do with Ongar or Hansfield. If you hate these places so much, why are you constantly frequenting threads and conversations associated with them? Surely you'd be giving them a wide berth?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Phil.x wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine theres much between them. Poor amenities and community, poor transport and roads, it's no malahide, clontarf or the likes.

I wouldn't agree with poor community and transport. What's wrong with the community over there?You can't compare every place with clontarf. How much does it cost for a three bed in clontarf and how many people can afford it?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

kevincool wrote: »
    Hi,

Kevin - what’s important to you? Schools / pubs / public transport / road network and so on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

I'm in Dublin 15 just over 7 years now. While it's wrong to say 'poor community', Its not as strong as others I've lived in. There seems to be an acceptance of certain things that may be addressed much quicker in other areas. I think there's more of a call the guards or get onto the Council about things rather than communities getting together and addressing tackling issues themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

richardjjd wrote: »
    Kevin - what’s important to you? Schools / pubs / public transport / road network and so on?
    All the above minus pubs. Happy to drink in city centre and come home...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I'm in Dublin 15 just over 7 years now. While it's wrong to say 'poor community', Its not as strong as others I've lived in. There seems to be an acceptance of certain things that may be addressed much quicker in other areas. I think there's more of a call the guards or get onto the Council about things rather than communities getting together and addressing tackling issues themselves.

That's a generational thing. Younger people are more demanding of government services. Not saying whether it is a good or bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

ongarboy wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on poor amenities and transport? It's right next to a train station, a frequent bus service, dedicated cycle and bus lanes, schools, shops and leisure amenities are within walking distance.

I recognize your user name from your constant lambasting in the Dublin 15 forum of anything to do with Ongar or Hansfield. If you hate these places so much, why are you constantly frequenting threads and conversations associated with them? Surely you'd be giving them a wide berth?

Don't even react to Phil.x. He's a troll and has been trolling every thread related to new developments in Hansfield.

Advertisement