Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Straightner recommendations

Options
  • 21-09-2018 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

My beloved hair straightener has given up on me after 4 years :( it was a Mark Hill 'RAW' straightener and it was perfect for my thin fuzzy hair but I haven't seen it in any shops I've checked. Does anyone know if there still sold or could anyone recommend a good alternative for my hair type?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

GHD's are amazing and they last forever. I got my first one in 2004 and it lasted me 10 years, in that time I stood on it, broke it, tapped it back together with duck tape and it still held out for another 5 years or so. Im on my second one now, have it 4 years and its good as new and does a great job of straightening my hair. Its a worthy investment imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

Do you know any electrician that can have a look at it for you? My GHD gave up after ten years in July, 2 parts for €30 and he got it back working.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fraggle07

I have both GHD and Steampod. I use Steampod daily, just love it.
    I have very difficult frizzy hair and found that condition has improved hugely since moving from GHD to steampod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

+1 for steampod it’s amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Thanks for the replies, I bit the bullet and went with a GHD, going out tomorrow night so can't wait to do my hair with it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement