Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping at Dublin airport?

Options
  • 21-09-2018 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭

Hi
    A question for someone else, a young person who wants to leave from Dublin at 6am and has a lift to Dublin arriving the previous evening about 7pm.

As he doesn't want to spend his precious money on a hotel, is it feasible to just crash on seats or in a corner somewhere at the airport or will he get moved on?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

volchitsa wrote: »
    Hi
    A question for someone else, a young person who wants to leave from Dublin at 6am and has a lift to Dublin arriving the previous evening about 7pm.

As he doesn't want to spend his precious money on a hotel, is it feasible to just crash on seats or in a corner somewhere at the airport or will he get moved on?

Thanks for any info.

I've done it it T2 for the same reasons (late inbound flight and wanted to get first bus in the morning so a hotel was a waste) and I got no hassle. He won't be the only one there, either!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Great thanks for that! I'll let him know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Rest Zones - In Terminal 1, once you pass through security, pass through the duty free shopping, then past a restaurant on your left. You'll come to a Starbucks with an escalator up to more restaurants. On the right is a rest zone with soft chairs and pods for sleeping.
    https://www.sleepinginairports.net/europe/dublin.htm#servicesFacilities

Reviews on the pods are mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Thanks for the info anyway, I've let him know, along with the possible problems.
    It's not for a couple of weeks yet, I'll let you know when I hear how it went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

sugarman wrote: »
    Will they be able to pass through security that early? I seem to remember my boarding pass scanning as, 'Too early' or something along those lines when I also tried to pass through to sleep several hours before my flight.
    Once midnight passes the boarding pass should work. The only thing is security manned at that time?

• Advertisement
Advertisement