Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorable phone number

Options
  • 21-09-2018 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm seeking to purchase a memorable mobile phone number.

Do Eir offer a list of special or gold numbers from which I can select and purchase please?

If so, is this possible online?  Or do I need to visit an outlet.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Listener,

Unfortunately this isn't a service we provide. The number you receive would be whatever number is assigned to the SIM card you're given. If you pop t your local store they may be able to look at a couple of the numbers on the SIMS in order to see if there is a memorable number there but I can't guarantee this.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Listener

Hi Sarah,

Thanks very much indeed for your reply.  But obviously that's disappointing news.

If I'm able to obtain a memorable number from another Irish mobile provider, am I able to 'port' it to a Eir service please?

And if so, what is the approximate porting timescale and cost please?

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Listener,

Yes you can port the number to eir. The general time frame for a number port is up to 48 hours. There are no porting fees, you simply pay for the plan you wish to avail of or if you just want a SIM then a €10 fee usually applies however you do receive call credit of this value with your SIM.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement