Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting out of 3 mobile contract

Options
  • 21-09-2018 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever successfully got out of their 3 mobile contract? I'm 6 months in to a 2 year contract that I would like to leave. I'm aware that I can pay my way out of it but I'm not entirely happy to do this as I am currently paying for a service that I am not receiving.

I have had little or no internet access for the last couple of months and more recently I have been having issues with receiving/sending calls and texts. I have spoken with 3 more times than I care to remember and have followed everything they have suggested. I've changed phones, got a new SIM card, spoke with their technicians, changed settings, the lot. I really don't want to deal with them any longer as it's a vicious circle and nothing ever gets resolved.

Although financially it makes more sense for me to be with 3, I just can't stick the lack of service and I really want out. I contacted the CCPC and got a very vague answer in return so I thought I'd ask here.

I'm willing to give the phone back if needs be, I couldn't care less at this point. I just want out of my contract so I can go with a phone company that I can actually get service with.

Thanks in advance,
    Jen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,212 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Follow through with tech support, when you get to the point where they just can't fix it they'll let you out. Having no internet access for a few months is a bit odd, call them again and follow it through over a few days not a few months.
    Is there signal where you are did you try a friend's phones that's on the same network?

Advertisement