Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on leaving

Options
  • 21-09-2018 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

HI,

I am leaving my current job. Got on well with most people but had a few issues with management. I decided not to tell anyone as I am leaving due to the issues I had with management which have caused a lot of stress. I have been advised by Doctor to just do whatever is right for me and family so I am intending to keep it as private as possible. Thankfully, I think I have another job and was wondering do I need to tell my current employee specifics about my next job so they send on P60 / P45 to my next employee? Or will my next employee get that from the tax man?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JennyZ

P45 is issued to you directly. If you have it on time pass it to new employer on first day of work if not register your new employment with Revenue online once you start or by calling Revenue. They will send details of your taxes direct to new employer and copy to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

You’ve no obligation to tell them where you are going...even if it’s to a competitor.

In fact the best line I’ve heard was a colleague saying he legally couldn’t tell them where he was going as he signed an NDA until it was officially reported in trade press. It’s one I hope to use myself one day!

Advertisement