Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being underpaid?

Options
  • 21-09-2018 1:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25

Hi, hoping someone could help me with this.

In February I was put on a 3 day week from 5. For 5 days I was paid 416 pw. That works out at 43-5 break hours = 38 hours. 8-5 Mon-Thu and 8-3 on Fridays.

On this 3 day week I work 27-3 hour breaks = 24 hours. Mon, Wed and Thu. I get paid 249 pw.

From the full time hours I was being paid 416/38 = 10.95 ph but on the 3 day week I've worked out I'm being paid 249/24 =10.38 ph.

Am I right in saying I should be paid 262.80 instead of the 249 they're paying me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

You're correct.

416 / 5 = 83.2

83.2 x 3 = 249.6

So that's how they calculated it. It's probably a simple mistake on their part.

But as you say, it's not right because you only worked a half day on Friday.

So it makes more sense to calculate your hourly rate and go from there.

So you used work 38 hours a week for 416. That means the hourly rate was 416 / 38 = 10.95

So you should be getting 262.80.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Desiree Burch

Thanks a lot. Now to inform them and try get the missing money back..

You've reminded me of something...

I used to work for a company where if you were off sick, they'd deduct your days wage as follows:

Wage for 5 days divided by 5.

However if you worked a weekend day where you got paid double time, they would calculate the extra days pay as follows:

Wage for 5 days divided by 7.

It was on purpose. Scumbags...

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

Some companies do divide by 7.

TheBeach wrote: »
    Some companies do divide by 7.

Yes but be consistent. As I said, if you're off sick they would divide by 5...

• Advertisement
Advertisement