Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensor for glass panel

Options
  • 21-09-2018 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I have 5 glass panels about 6 foot square at the back of my house to let light in to a otherwise dark lean too addition. I’m looking for some kind of detector I could fit to the glass itself that would open circuit if the glass was broken. I don’t think putting an inertia sensor on the frame would do any good as the glass is very flimsy and it wouldn’t take much to break it. In other words the inertia wouldn’t pick up on the vibration on the frame to sound the alarm. I have a duel tech PIR looking at the glass panels but the dog keeps setting it off so I end up inhibiting the zone so it’s defeating the purpose. I have seen different sensors online one seems to be a tape with 2 wires embedded in it that you stick to the window and if the window is broken the wires open circuit. Just wondering what way you guys would get around this. It can be hard wired back to the panel so doesn’t need to be wireless

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

You could get Honeywell wired glass break units about €32 + vat. Or wireless, about €80 plus vat each. You would need a receiver. Northwood technology dublin 11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

You could get Honeywell wired glass break units about €32 + vat. Or wireless, about €80 plus vat each. You would need a receiver. Northwood technology dublin 11

That looks the business. Has anyone any experience of these do they actually work ?

Advertisement