Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a good pc repair person in the Tuam area please?

Options
  • 21-09-2018 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi. It looks like the recent storm fried my pc.

The fans were running but I was getting error codes on my asrock z87 extreme4 mobo - 15 15 4f 62 64 a2 d7.

I had to remove the gpus to access the cmos battery and I also removed the ram. I put everything back after 30 min and now nothing turns on at all, so I probably did some additional damage.

I'm in two minds whether to upgrade or repair, but I don't have the confidence to remove the cpu or go at it again.

I don't have any spare components or test equipment, so I think I'd like a professional opinion on what's broken at this stage.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I see several companies on Google but cannot recommend one in particular.
    You could try calling in and chatting to some and see what they think and if they are willing to go give it a go.

Advertisement