Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing a heat pack?

• 21-09-2018 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm.currently considering installing a heat pump and looking for ball park figures so I can budget for it? Also looking for your opinions on the whole system?

The house is a dormer, 3,000sq feet, 10yrs old and very well insulated. It has underfloor heating downstairs and rads upstairs. It's currently heated by a normal oil fired boiler in the garage and a standard Stanley Oscar 5kw stove in the sitting room. Non boiler. I also have two solar panels, the tube type, for hot water.

What type system heat pack would I need and want kinda cost would I be looking at to have same supplied and fitted.

All opinions greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Any particular problems with existing oil boiler? What make is it?

Hard to beat the Grant Vortex, but I wouldn't rule out the Firebird either, but most on here would go for the Grant.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mtierney5

Sorry folks. It's a HEAT PUMP I'm looking for. Just to clear that up....

Wearb wrote: »

Hard to beat the Grant Vortex, but I wouldn't rule out the Firebird either, but most on here would go for the Grant.

Sorry, it's a HEAT PUMP I'm after! My bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Unless I'm mistaken a heat pump with require different rads up there as the water is pumped around at a lower temperature than the oil would

Quazzie wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken a heat pump with require different rads up there as the water is pumped around at a lower temperature than the oil would

Yes, your right. I have that covered with my plumber but he doesn't do heat pumps. So I'm looking for an idea of cost for that side of it. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

I would think 12 to 15 k.,If your house is very well insulated it is ideally suited to air to water. There is now a heat pump system grant for houses built before 2011,up to 3.5k.Possibly some of the rads upstairs may have to be changed,https://www.seai.ie/grants/home-grants/better-energy-homes/heat-pump-systems/

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Wearb wrote: »

Firebird are a heap of scour.

Advertisement