Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Eir actually do customer service?

Options
  • 21-09-2018 5:17pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On the phone for well over an hour and between being cut off and having to ring again and again,  there doesn't seem to be anyone home at all. Live chat isn't available online either. 

Newly swapped to Eir and sorry already.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Got someone who transferred me elsewhere, the "elsewhere" then hung up after about 20 mins. Not remotely impressed, I have some mobility difficulties and can't get to a shop very easily unless there is a blue badge space close at hand- and there isn't at the local one. I also need to have my phone working at all times in case of falls etc. Now back on hold -so that's 1 hour and 38 minutes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Hitting the two hour mark shortly- I see the chart to the right shows that response time is 18 hours, seems like that applies to calls too, at this rate.

Eventually got through after over 2.5 hours. Not good enough, Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Eventually got through after over 2.5 hours. Not good enough, Eir.
    I personally only do webchat with them when it's available for that reason. Hopefully they'll sort out call centres soon :)

Can't fault Carphone Warehouse, to be fair, once I managed to get parked close by. Eir webchat was down so wasn't an option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

On the phone for well over an hour and between being cut off and having to ring again and again,  there doesn't seem to be anyone home at all. Live chat isn't available online either. 

Newly swapped to Eir and sorry already.
    Hi byhookorbycrook, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the long delays in getting through to us, I understand this is frustrating. 

I'm glad to hear you got through in the end. Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Issue still remains unsolved however..

Tracey, is it possible to be contacted by pm , please. This whole thing is ridiculous. I need my phone for medical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Going to nearby Eir branch seems like the only way to fix your issue swiftly.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dick Rimmington

Eir is a nightmare when it comes to customer service, I only changed provider recently because of both the terrible service and then being charged a ridiculously high bill due to the lack of service/information i spent way too much time trying to get.
    Still have not received a breakdown of said bill despite asking for it weeks ago.
    the only good thing i can say is that the staff in the local shop is lovely but their hands were tied in this case. 

Im now with 'three' for unlimited broadband on prepay (using a spare phone as a hotspot) and vodafone for calls on prepay too, €20 a month for each, which is great value.

needless to say, ill be avoiding Eir like the plaque in future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement