Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple GiveBack

• 21-09-2018 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experience of using this service to trade in devices that you plan on upgrading.

The trade in value seems pretty low but better than nothing I suppose when updating your device.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Vudgie wrote: »
    Has anyone experience of using this service to trade in devices that you plan on upgrading.

The trade in value seems pretty low but better than nothing I suppose when updating your device.

Better to sell on www.adverts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I got an email today, when I checked for an Iphone 6 the offered €75.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Checked it today and was offered €375 for an Iphone 8 plus.

Terrible offer. As already said Adverts.ie will get you a better price as would E-Bay.

No need to resign yourself to accepting a derisory offer that is hundreds less than it's value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Yes totally agree with you, all those "recycling" places they give hardly anything, even CEX offer more than them, but Adverts is always the best place to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You'd be better off going to CEX.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Doesn't Apple's one only give Apple credit too, not cash? This wouldn't suit me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Doesn't Apple's one only give Apple credit too, not cash? This wouldn't suit me at all.

Yes, you get an apple gift card...which is OK if you are upgrading with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Does anyone know if you avail of the apple trade in can you use the gift card on the UK website or will it be restricted to the Irish store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Vudgie wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you avail of the apple trade in can you use the gift card on the UK website or will it be restricted to the Irish store?

restricted to Irish store

Also you must remember that the giveBack value is for recycling value. not market value.

Advertisement