Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawthorn House, Glenside, Carrickmines

Options
  • 21-09-2018 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Has anyone bought a new apartment at hawthorn house, Carrickmines Green? We’ve signed contracts but issues have surfaced between developer and management company. Would love to hear what others who have bought there know about the situation.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Seranna

Hi p1605, we have a deposit on an apartment in Hawthorn House and are totally frustrated at the delay! We had been wondering how others felt..it’s ridiculous at this stage. All I know is that the delay is with the management company.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 p1605

Seranna wrote: »
    Hi p1605, we have a deposit on an apartment in Hawthorn House and are totally frustrated at the delay! We had been wondering how others felt..it’s ridiculous at this stage. All I know is that the delay is with the management company.

Hi Seranna, yes it’s very frustrating. The agent said the management company are due to meet this month so hopefully they can resolve the issue. I can’t understand what the issue could be to cause such a long delay. Has your solicitor given any idea how long you should wait for it to be resolved?

Hi p1605, we heard it was because of issues to do with the existing apartment blocks, they needed repairs and there is a dispute over who’s responsible I think..the management company won’t release documents that everyone needs to complete the purchase. It’s really annoying, the lack of communication is so bad..

Thanks, that’s what we suspected was causing the delay. Hopefully things will get moving after the “meeting” if there even is one!

Yes hopefully! It’s been a long time :(

• Advertisement

Seranna wrote: »
    Yes hopefully! It’s been a long time :(

Hi, did you get news about the meeting? Our solicitor is concerned that they haven’t specified what the management cost will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mohm.kamal

Is there any update about this? There are multiple apartment cancellations nowadays and I'm interested to take one but I want to be sure that these disputes have been solved

One more thing, is the management company was Knight Frank?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rooster7777

p1605 wrote: »
    Hi, did you get news about the meeting? Our solicitor is concerned that they haven’t specified what the management cost will be?

Hi, has there been any update on this? We were offered an apartment on cancellation. I havent seen any management fees and now seeing this so it is worrying and offputting. The estate agent said it would be 6 months before move in and this would explain why and why there were so many cancellations. I understand that remedial works are required on other buildings but are there some here too?

Any update would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AlisonCampbell

Hi everyone,

We were offered an apartment on cancellation and we are facing huge delays since the beginning of the year. We received the sales contract with unacceptable conditions and we have been going and back forth. For the past 3 months, the developer has gone radio silent.

We were wondering if what type of issues have you faced when you went sales agreed?

Many thanks for your help!

Advertisement