Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micheál Martin & his Late Late (Electioneering) Thread Sept 21

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Fianna Fail should rebrand to 'The Soldiers of Destiny'

I've never voted for them but that's an excellent nickname which would make a good Movie Franchise title.

It's wasted on them, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What I am looking forward to is the blasphamy and womens place in the constitution votes because the media will have to give some looperised No side full and equal coverage, someone could setup a Monster Raving Loony style party for both and have lots of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

Fianna Fail have had their troubles but why the love in with Leo and his right wing Blue Shirts. I could never vote for a Blue Shirt. Anathema..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I'll be giving my No. 2 to Gavin Duffy.

(by which I mean I'll be sending him a turd in the post)

M

Anyone should be able to run for President once they obtain say 5k nominations, it's a joke that it's a closed shop on who can be selected.

vladmydad wrote: »
    Oh yeh we forgive the failures because there’s an abortion for everyone in the audience.

Looks like it

FF need to get out of this confidence agreement where they get no credit for anything good and take all the blame for everything bad.

They can't campaign next time as an alternative new government when they have kept Leo & the Indies in for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

ah, the Cork Comb-over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Nope. Just Kieran Donaghy so far.

Saw him, he seems a very nice guy.... however I can’t decide what I think if micheal Martin!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Fianna Fail have had their troubles but why the love in with Leo and his right wing Blue Shirts. I could never vote for a Blue Shirt. Anathema..
    There are no right wing parties in Ireland. All parties are left wing in Ireland, ALL of them. A one politics state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

'Polls can get it wrong'. Absolutely agree on that point. But to say FF are rebuilding, LOL. Where is the evidence for this? The old guard conservative is still at its core.

M

Public debt is €42k per person in this country, the way some of these clowns go on you would think we were as affluent as Monaco.

Sean Gallagher is Fianna Fail to the core, this photo is from an Ogra Fianna Fail Dinner Dance

His Fianna Fail connections lasted longer than his hair

original?width=383&version=1609015

Aidric wrote: »
    'Polls can get it wrong'. Absolutely agree on that point. But to say FF are rebuilding, LOL. Where is the evidence for this? The old guard conservative is still at its core.
    Conservative lol WHAT! Where ???
    Virtue signaling lefties

• Advertisement

There are no right wing parties in Ireland. All parties are left wing in Ireland, ALL of them. A one politics state.

The Blueshirts are. Core support from big farmers etc. Still retained, you see it on the ground.

Does anyone seriously believe the crash wouldn't have happened with them in power...

Where does this mantra "the people don't want an election" come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lisha wrote: »
    Saw him, he seems a very nice guy.... however I can’t decide what I think if micheal Martin!

I know what you mean.

But whatever way you look at it, he's a better guest than, say, Donal Skeehan.

The Blueshirts are. Core support from big farmers etc. Still retained, you see it on the ground.

Does anyone seriously believe the crash wouldn't have happened with them in power...
    In what way are they right wing. They raised taxes, more regulations. Highly socially liberal. Pro mass immigration pro EU etc

M

Why was it great craic 1916 attacking occupying forces but doing the same in 1980's Northern Ireland was not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

There's a special place in Hell for Micheal, and his U-turn on abortion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

tubridy.jpg

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I know what you mean.

But whatever way you look at it, he's a better guest than, say, Donal Skeehan.

Yes!!

MM is a nice guy I think. But in my opinion politics ruins people’s integrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not a fan, don't like the man or his party but I think he's doing well here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Anyone else not give a sh!te about politics

Not a fan, don't like the man or his party but I think he's doing well here.

Exactly, I don’t want to like him, but he is very personable here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I've no time for this free stater, no friend of the Ulster men (Catholics)

M

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Anyone else not give a sh!te about politics

Trump makes it interesting :D

tubridy.jpg

I like these Fianna Fail Tinder Profiles :p

"I was on the committee every year except for one year when I couldn't be bothered"

Ya mad yoke, Tubs Senior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

Skid X wrote: »
    Sean Gallagher is Fianna Fail to the core, this photo is from an Ogra Fianna Fail Dinner Dance

His Fianna Fail connections lasted longer than his hair

original?width=383&version=1609015

Public speaking award lol!

Didn't help him the night of the brown envelope fiasco

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    There's a special place in Hell for Michael, and his U-turn on abortion
    And an apologist for vile regimes

The ‘Silent Yes’ vote in the referendum was so surprisingly huge.

In what way are they right wing. They raised taxes, more regulations. Highly socially liberal. Pro mass immigration pro EU etc

Their core support base. They've gone all trendy with Leo catching the younger floating vote. I personally loathe them. In rural Ireland they are supported by people with a lot of land, who still look down on the ordinary worker, small farmer.

The very people who prospered around 1845-52, while their neighbours starved or emigrated. Sucks to the crown.

M

The corporatisation of residential property should be made illegal.

Can't believe how this man is still a potential Taoiseach. He was part of the team that crashed the economy ten years ago. Amazing really

original?width=379&version=1609031

Our Graham on Blind Date would have struggled to make young Micheál sound fun. Mad keen on the politics and the teaching.

So now he’s an abortion hero because he flip flopped and went with the populist way. #nointegrity

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Can't believe how this man is still a potential Taoiseach. He was part of the team that crashed the economy ten years ago. Amazing really

as the architect of the smoking ban he deserves credit

M

The housing crisis has been the best thing to solve teenage pregnancies since the condom was invented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Sure the council haven't the time or men for building houses seeing as it take 6 lads to fill in a pot hole and and 6 months to resurface a road

Why all the posters of Ogra Fianna Fail as if they were criminals?

Surely Simon Harris should be plastered up too. More people on trolleys than ever.

Their core support base. They've gone all trendy with Leo catching the younger floating vote. I personally loathe them. In rural Ireland they are supported by people with a lot of land, who still look down on the ordinary worker, small farmer.

The very people who prospered around 1845-52, while their neighbours starved or emigrated. Sucks to the crown.
    Yes but my contention is that I wish they or somebody was right wing. It doesn’t matter who’s in power, they all see the world through a globalist lefty lens.

M

Brexit will do serious damage to this country if it's a no deal, we shouldn't be hand in hand with the French and Germans over the negotiations.

Hitchens wrote: »
    as the architect of the smoking ban he deserves credit

I have to give him that one alright. That was a good move. He was probably the last decent Health minister

So now he’s an abortion hero because he flip flopped and went with the populist way. #nointegrity

I think in general we are too quick to criticise people who change their opinion. Its better than sticking with your first declared position because you don't want to say you have listened to evidence and alternative positions and made an informed decision to change.

I don't think it was a populist move, he could have lost a lot of support over that.

• Advertisement

Yes but my contention is that I wish they or somebody was right wing. It doesn’t matter who’s in power, they all see the world through a globalist lefty lens.

True enough. It's the historical origins and support base gets me. I'm no fan of Martin by the way. I agree with you re. integrity.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'd forgotten all about his attempt at a Chinese accent :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Too much safe waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

This is clearly In preparation for an election, surely rte have a duty to provide balance and all the party leaders should be invited on

M

The smoking ban was a great idea to be fair, great that he saw it through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement