Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micheál Martin & his Late Late (Electioneering) Thread Sept 21

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Vincent Browne has faults but he'd be savaging Michael here like a Rottweiler instead of the poodle style job that Tubs is at

Sure isn't Turdbridy a Warrior of Destiny himself. The Andrews are his cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Skid X wrote: »
    vladmydad wrote: »
    So now he’s an abortion hero because he flip flopped and went with the populist way. #nointegrity

I think in general we are too quick to criticise people who change their opinion. Its better than sticking with your first declared position because you don't want to say you have listened to evidence and alternative positions and made an informed decision to change.

I don't think it was a populist move, he could have lost a lot of support over that.
    He did lose support for it , FF are down 11 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I have to give him that one alright. That was a good move. He was probably the last decent Health minister

Didn't he pawn every problem in the health service off to reports and external consultants if memory serves?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

seamie78 wrote: »
    This is clearly In preparation for an election, surely rte have a duty to provide balance and all the party leaders should be invited on

Leo is able to hold his own on the PR score! If he wants to be on the LLS he will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is Miami not a glorified kip full of car jackings and shootings?

Irish people are thick enough to vote them in again. I suppose it's inevitable really. FG are too Thatcherite, and the Shinners are too left wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That last answer was the final nail. He's as delusional as Jeremy Corbyn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

seamie78 wrote: »
    This is clearly In preparation for an election, surely rte have a duty to provide balance and all the party leaders should be invited on

Tubbs stated before the interview that they'd all be on at some stage before the end of the season

Was it Churchill who said democracy was a terrible way of governing but the best we had?!

That sums up politics but thankfully we have the chance to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Their core support base. They've gone all trendy with Leo catching the younger floating vote. I personally loathe them. In rural Ireland they are supported by people with a lot of land, who still look down on the ordinary worker, small farmer.

The very people who prospered around 1845-52, while their neighbours starved or emigrated. Sucks to the crown.

So Fine Gael are/or are supported by the very people who prospered during the famine? Thats your big claim? That though they didnt exist until generations later, they are somehow connected.
    Politics really brings out the hyperbolics.

• Advertisement

film-noir-scarface-anti-hero.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I don't think it was a populist move, he could have lost a lot of support over that.

It certainly changed my view of him in a positive way, fair play to him, it was a big risk for him to take when at that stage the majority of his TDs were anti-Repeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Kodaline is an odd name for a band, it sounds like a liquid junior disprin product.

Although, to be fair, that's what most of their music sounds like.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Sounds like Take Take, thought Kodaline were supposed to be more dreary and depressing than this.

Also when did Mike Denver take over as their singer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Will Smith lied to me. :(

M

I always wanted a big feck off keyboard for the living room to play a few tunes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I vote for no political parties as I am a bitter Northman though I sometimes vote for Sinn Fein depending how Arlene Foster is behaving herself, one sure way to get a lazy Ulsterman off his sofa is a snide remark from Arlene Foster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

This song is definitely a rip off of another song

Irish people are thick enough to vote them in again. I suppose it's inevitable really. FG are too Thatcherite, and the Shinners are too left wing

That's it. Wonder why FG have the 11% lead in the polls when health and housing are such issues.. Surely the referendum result hardly had such an impact. Are they younger voters, will they come out to vote in an election..

• Advertisement

You could eat your ice-cream to this.

Personally, I don't like ice-cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Hopefully not til every single member of Beetie’s cabinet is gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Kodaline is an odd name for a band, it sounds like a liquid junior disprin product.

Although, to be fair, that's what most of their music sounds like.

Ha, that's gas, I was just thinking it sounds like a non prescription medicine of some sort.

If they were Thatcherite, I’d vote for them.
    Am I speaking to myself here, for the last time. There are no right wing or even center right political parties in Ireland. All are big government, high tax, over regulating Europhiles. They are all LEFTY’S

M

I don't think she's missed many breakfasts to be fair.

When did Irish bands get so drap and depressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

EPAndlee wrote: »
    This song is definitely a rip off of another song

Sounds a bit like Sunshine Reggae

That's it. Wonder why FG have the 11% lead in the polls when health and housing are such issues.. Surely the referendum result hardly had such an impact. Are they younger voters, will they come out to vote in an election..

If an election was called the gap would close quickly, very few people vote in a General Election to thank or kick a politician for what they did in a referendum.

Labour got the same sex marriage referendum on the agenda and lost almost all of their seats next time out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So, Aisling is just an annoying person, is that it?

darlett wrote: »
    So Fine Gael are/or are supported by the very people who prospered during the famine? Thats your big claim? That though they didnt exist until generations later, they are somehow connected.
    Politics really brings out the hyperbolics.

No, if you have any knowledge of rural Ireland you'll know the 'county colours' brigade have voted Cumann na nGaedhael, FG, since the state was founded. It's a status thing, pre recession etc they wouldn't touch FF with a barge pole. And yes they are descendants of large farmers, acreage that is!

Sarah looks a bit like Jacqui Abbott, formerly of The Beautiful South, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

no. . . I still don't fit that description

I'm no Aisling

I know many who will never vote for them again. Lying is expected from politicians but lying over what some consider life and death issues, can’t be forgiven.

What is this supposed to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hello everybody, just tuning in, what have i missed, not much by the sound of this current interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Is saying 'out out' not be very common?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

How in the name of God did they get another book out of this ****e!!

Out Out and Immersion gags ...

Micky Flanagan and Des Bishop will be turning in their graves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

That kodaline performance was clearly prerecorded in an empty studio

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ha, that's gas, I was just thinking it sounds like a non prescription medicine of some sort.

I always think of Solpadeine!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

These two are a copy off stefanie preissner

• Advertisement

Icsics wrote: »
    How in the name of God did they get another book out of this ****e!!

You mean there was one before this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

bbbbb wrote: »
    That kodaline performance was clearly prerecorded in an empty studio

It was totally soulless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

WTF are these 2 withering on about,5mins in and nothing says that's,makes sense,is funny or important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

What’s going on here? Are they talking about themselves in the third person, weird!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Godamnnit this is absolute rubbish

vacuous drivel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If ever the phrase 'would you buy a used car of this man' applied to an Irish politician then Michael is the man.
    vH9sa.jpg

Is this a real person?

M

SSIA's, I had one of them, delish return and I think I blew it towards the price of a car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Emer is an absolute gob****e

Advertisement