Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay top up question

Options
  • 21-09-2018 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi. My dad is on a prepay plan. Simply eir mobile. My question is how many days can he go without topping before services are cut off? He is an old age pensioner so only uses the phone every few weeks. He does not need to have data plans etc...

Is it 150days?if so I'll. Keep a reminder for him to top up

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Based on my experience you must top up at least 5 euros every 150 days if you don't want to be cut off.

So make sure he tops up or you top up for him at least a fiver every 4-5 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

RobiePAX wrote: »
    Based on my experience you must top up at least 5 euros every 150 days if you don't want to be cut off.

So make sure he tops up or you top up for him at least a fiver every 4-5 months :)

Great thanks. He seems to always get himself cut off then buy 20e credit but the phone won't take it cos he is cut off so I then buy him 5 e online and then that allows the 20e credit. But he doesn't need that much either.

I'll keep a diary note to top him up. Its a pity he doesn't get a text to prior warn him (I presume he. Doesn't in anyway!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi frogstar,

After 150 days numbers that have not been topped up will be unable to make any outgoing services. The number will still be able to receive information (such as calls and texts) for 30 days.
    240 days after your last top up any credit left on your phone will be removed.
    13 months after your last top up your number will disconnect. It will not be possible to reconnect your number after this period of time as your number will have been recycled.

I hope this helps.

Sarah

Advertisement