Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flexicom sx system pressure low

• 21-09-2018 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi, the flexicom sx boiler is reading 0.2 bar. I've tried to re-pressurise the system but not succeeding.

I've seen a thread with instructions on how to do this here but it's not working for me so either doing something wrong or else there is a different underlying problem.

From the pic attached I would be very grateful if someone could instruct me on how to re-pressurise the system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭top_dog

Photo attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

There is a valve on both sides of the filling loop,the gate valve is one,the other valve is build into the filling loop on the opposite side

agusta wrote: »
    There is a valve on both sides of the filling loop,the gate valve is one,the other valve is build into the filling loop on the opposite side

I closed the red valve (closer to attic) and turned the gate valve (closer to hot water cylinder) but nothing happened.
    I removed the filling loop and it's dry. There is no water going through it. Not sure if there should be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

See the grey pipe coming out off the ground, where the filling loop connects to it there is another valve. The bit you turn, a recessed slot, is facing away from you. Turn it so that it is in line with the pipe, then open (anti clockwise) the red gate valve in the picture.
    Try to have someone watching the pressure on the boiler at the same time, and stop filling at approx 1.2 bar.

No joy with that unfortunately. Could there be some other underlying problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭John.G

K.Flyer wrote: »
    See the grey pipe coming out off the ground, where the filling loop connects to it there is another valve. The bit you turn, a recessed slot, is facing away from you. Turn it so that it is in line with the pipe, then open (anti clockwise) the red gate valve in the picture.
    Try to have someone watching the pressure on the boiler at the same time, and stop filling at approx 1.2 bar.

If the OP or anyone for that matter are a bit unfamiliar with them, gate valves
    valves can be a bit confusing, they will usually have up to 1/2 a turn free play before even starting to open, they can then be be turned about another 4 full turns before they are fully opened and the same applies when closing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

True, they are an absolute nuisance.
    I rarely use them now, I much prefer using decent lever valves for any form of isolation. The only time I would still use a gate is for cylinder balancing.

Advertisement