Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OLOL Drogheda scans

Options
  • 22-09-2018 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering, for those attending OLOL, there are signs on the walls stating children are not allowed in the scanning rooms.
    Because of this, my husband hasn’t been able to attend my scans.
    I’m due a 35 week growth scan this week and once again we have no-one to mind our 2 & 4 year olds.
    How strict are they on this rule?
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Finner

They were pretty strict with me unfortunately. When I had very first scan in Dundalk the nurse let him in for two minutes at the very end for a quick look but not in Drogheda. I know it's a bit expensive but you could try a private scan if he'd really like to see. There's a place in Newry that was a bit more reasonable on price and let my 2 year old in for the scan

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's almost 4 years ago now but in OLOL I had my first scan (I can't remember now I think it was an emergency scan because I was bleeding but I was around 14 weeks) and I brought my 2 and a half year old in with me. I just kept her in the buggy. Nothing was said to me about it.

I remember it because she'd been watching a lot of Doc Mc Stuffin at the time and when she saw them attend to me and do the scan, she looked shocked and said "you're a broken toy" :)

She wasn't there for my second scan and I'm not sure why.

Maybe just chance it. They might say no because it's 3 of them so a lot in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

Finner wrote: »
    They were pretty strict with me unfortunately. When I had very first scan in Dundalk the nurse let him in for two minutes at the very end for a quick look but not in Drogheda. I know it's a bit expensive but you could try a private scan if he'd really like to see. There's a place in Newry that was a bit more reasonable on price and let my 2 year old in for the scan
    Thanks a mill for the reply. He’ll live without it as we only have 4 weeks left. I just wondered was it worth our while bringing the kids in the offchance they might be okay about it.
    This is our 3rd pregnancy there & there was no issue with kids in scans previously so it’s a bit frustrating.
    Can only presume others took the mick & ruined it for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Jodee08 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for the reply. He’ll live without it as we only have 4 weeks left. I just wondered was it worth our while bringing the kids in the offchance they might be okay about it.
    This is our 3rd pregnancy there & there was no issue with kids in scans previously so it’s a bit frustrating.
    Can only presume others took the mick & ruined it for everyone.

I know in the Coombe the policy is there in case there is bad news in the scan

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

I know in the Coombe the policy is there in case there is bad news in the scan
    That’s a good point!

• Advertisement
Advertisement