Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade season is upon us my friends!

Options
  • 22-09-2018 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭

Well that time has come, and I'm looking to do upgrades on 2 PC's.

For me, nice and quick. I have a GTX 970, it's served me well but I'm thinking of moving up to the 1070. Mostly used for WoW, but largely for the likes of The Witcher 3 etc. You'll understand why I want to upgrade in a moment.

For herself - current build:

AMD X4 Raid" AMD FX-4 4130 3.8GHz DDR3
    GeForce GTX 960
    8GB DDR3

We've already received an MSI H270M Motherboard (Socket LGA 1151)

I was planning on getting the following

Intel BX80684I58400 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor
    HyperX HX424C15FBK2/8 FURY 8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz Memory Kit (2 x 4 GB)

Due to card she currently has, and an increased interest in raiding in WoW I thought it'd make more sense to give her my card which handles it better while I have little interest in WoW but do play high spec games.

However, no matter where I look I bloody well can't locate a place that actually has the CPU in stock, or at least for a non-mental price.

Has anyone got any ideas of possible alternatives? Evening looking at Amazon Germany the prices are way above the standard exchange. Overall budget would be say €700

Comments

Advertisement