Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Boiler understanding (without becoming a plumber)

• 22-09-2018 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Assuming a 4 Year level 6 craft certificate is not an option and not wanting to be able to install/service various types of boilers such as gas, oil (which I'm hoping are the same bar fuel source) and (god help me) Heat Pumps, but to understand how they work and be able to hold a decent level of conversation with an RGI plumber or boiler manufacturer - would you have any recommendations as to what I could do?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

This time of the year there will be some night classes starting around the country. You might be able to find one that helps a little.
    Otherwise you could just keep researching or go to your library and borrow some suitable books. It will take a lot of time and rules and methods keep changing.
    Good luck.

btw reading posts on boards (this board -P&H) will also be of value. Start here >>> https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=1320&query=what+to+expect+from+a+boiler+service

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Thanks Wearb,

Can you recommend a course? I thought all formal education would be part of the certification/apprenticeship process. I'd not need that level.

I'll check out that link.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Each district will have their own courses. Call into your local VEC and make enquiries.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement