Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Short & Ultra short throw projectors??

• 22-09-2018 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

I have been planning on setting up a TV in a small spare room for use with an AppleTV and xBox.

Outside forces have conspired against me and I have to delay it all a while but it could mean I'll have more money to spend.

I was thinking a HD projector might be an option?

Is there a retailer in Dublin that has a a HD projector & HD TV set up properly (in a dark room) where I can compare them?

I was looking at short throw & ultra short throw projectors online. The room is small and I'll be sitting about 7 to 8 feet from where the screen would be. Is that too short a distance for even a short throw?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I have been planning on setting up a TV in a small spare room for use with an AppleTV and xBox.

Outside forces have conspired against me and I have to delay it all a while but it could mean I'll have more money to spend.

I was thinking a HD projector might be an option?

Is there a retailer in Dublin that has a a HD projector & HD TV set up properly (in a dark room) where I can compare them?

I was looking at short throw & ultra short throw projectors online. The room is small and I'll be sitting about 7 to 8 feet from where the screen would be. Is that too short a distance for even a short throw?

Not based in Dublin, but the richersounds guys in the boards talk to forums are great for advice, they have a shop in Belfast, if you are heading up that direction at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Not based in Dublin, but the richersounds guys in the boards talk to forums are great for advice, they have a shop in Belfast, if you are heading up that direction at all.

Thank you.;)

I've posted my questions there.

I'd go up to Belfast if the set up was going to cost a lot but they might tell me I'm wasting my time and get a TV. :)

Advertisement