Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Box Office fight night: September 22 AJ vs. AP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Absolute tripe, a fighter that you'd never pay to see fight. Stinking the place out, hopefully referee keeps docking him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Askin actually wants a fight but Okolie just wants to hug him. This is poor stuff so far. Hopefully Campbell and Mendy have a punch up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

With the David Price disappointment and this sh1te now, they really need AJ to save the card. There's so little noise from the audience I can't work out if we're looking at the replay of the round or the actual live fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Okolie should've been DQ'ed by now. Zero skill on show. What a joke of a fight. Need a tougher ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a shocking fight. I won’t be watching Okolie ever again, 3 points off, disgrace.

• Advertisement

Absolutely he should be DQ’d, seven f*ckin warnings. What’s the point in rules so? Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Rubbish fight...
    That won't get more tv showing after this rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Worst fight I've seen in years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Even Dillian Whyte thinks Okolie should ahve been DQ'ed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

You gotta wonder how long more Hearn is gonna keep putting Okolie on his cards. Because he's gonna get held responsible for it - he always promises "a great night of boxing" with the PPV, and you can be sure that every time Okolie fights it is gonna be terrible.

• Advertisement

I've never seen someone get three points taken but not DQ'ed. Mental. Worst performance to win a British title ever surely.

Okolie is a disgrace, even Hearn seemed pissed off! Far play to Whyte saying what everyone else is thinking. I wouldn't have an issue with him being disqualified tbh

Morrison J wrote: »
    I've never seen someone get three points taken but not DQ'ed. Mental. Worst performance to win a British title ever surely.

You would have to question the refereeing to be fair, almost afraid to DQ him

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hope Campbell gets beaten...

Not that I dislike him....he’s just an amateur in the pro game...

Fed up with these bang average hyped up Brits..

I used work with Luke’s mam and met him at our Christmas party, he’s pure sound so I’m biased.

Mendy is 3/1 to win?? Jesus can’t believe I missed that, well worth a punt.

Is this it for the night for Campbell? Backing up and trying to land stealing punches?

walshb wrote: »
    Is this it for the night for Campbell? Backing up and trying to land stealing punches?

Mendy looks very comfortable here! Sky bigging up Luke now and he can become a world champion. Jesus let him try beat this guy first

duffman13 wrote: »
    Mendy looks very comfortable here! Sky bigging up Luke now and he can become a world champion. Jesus let him try beat this guy first

Not watching now, but first few rds he was useless...

I hate sky so much. Masterclass my hole, running and landing the odd body shot. Six rounds in and two uppercuts landed

FTA69 wrote: »
    I hate sky so much. Masterclass my hole, running and landing the odd body shot. Six rounds in and two uppercuts landed

Yeah, I feel the judges are sitting listening to the sky commentary or sitting right behind them if the first 6 rounds are scored for Campbell. I'd have probably 4-3 Campbell or Mendy. Tight fight again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

What's the story with Sky? Do they think people can't see what's happening with their own eyes? Some of the comments they are coming out with here...

I mean I have it 6 odd rounds for Luke, but Jesus let’s not overegg the pudding here either. It’s a steal and dash, like Okolie except he’s running instead of grabbing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What time are we looking at for the main event please? Still on for 10pm?

Round 8 to Campbell anyway, some nice shots in that one. He's never going to be world level though is he!

FTA69 wrote: »
    I mean I have it 6 odd rounds for Luke, but Jesus let’s not overegg the pudding here either. It’s a steal and dash, like Okolie except he’s running instead of grabbing

It’s truly appalling, and more so because Mendy is useless...

These lads belong in community centers...not PPV stadiums.

Thargor wrote: »
    What time are we looking at for the main event please? Still on for 10pm?

Ring walks planned for 9:50, I'd say 10 past 10 would be safe enough

I think he's boxing pretty well to be fair. Mendy is no mug. Best I've ever seen Campbell.

walshb wrote: »
    It’s truly appalling, and more so because Mendy is useless...

These lads belong in community centers...not PPV stadiums.

No no, Mendy is a good fighter but he's from France you see, which isn't a hot bed of boxing. Mandy is vastly underrated and it's no shame losing to him

I think he's boxing pretty well to be fair. Mendy is no mug. Best I've ever seen Campbell.

He’s the least inspiring pro fighter I have ever seen based off this showing..

• Advertisement

Last time I watched him was the last Mandy fight, has he fought much since then? I dont remember him on many cards anyway

Advertisement