Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recently correct Leaving Cert English?

Options
  • 22-09-2018 1:40pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I recently gave an essay to students. A personal essay The pleasures of youth. Some students wrote about when they were 12 or younger? Is that acceptable or must they talk about their own youth? Their present youth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Bobtheman wrote: »
    I recently gave an essay to students. A personal essay The pleasures of youth. Some students wrote about when they were 12 or younger? Is that acceptable or must they talk about their own youth? Their present youth?

Hi Bobtheman, from my own understanding, teaching lc it would be a fairly broad interpretation of the title.I would really advise you to go on to the examinations.ie website and have a look at the marking schemes for English, these will be of some help to you.Also maybe another Eng. teacher in your own school who has marked papers might be able to sit down and chat to you about their experience, offer guidance etc. Good luck.Ps.Didn't correct lc eng recently just based own exp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

When you're 35 your youth was your teens. When your 17/18 your youth was probably before secondary school.
    When your 85 your youth might have been your 50's!
    It's all relative.

Advertisement