Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem

Options
  • 22-09-2018 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

My son who is 12 logged out of his ps4 account want8ng to change his username. Clicked forgot password and they sent and email to his google account. He can’t remember the password for the google account to get the email sent.

Now he is logged out of his ps4 account where all his money etc is.

How in gods name can i fix this without opening up a new account and loosing all his money.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Did you try 'Forgot password' for the google account? It will probably ask for some info that was input when account was opened eg mobile number or another email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Yes I did that and answered the question which was right but still can’t gain access to it.
    He thought he could change his username. That’s what started all this. Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

maryk123 wrote: »
    Yes I did that and answered the question which was right but still can’t gain access to it.
    He thought he could change his username. That’s what started all this. Thanks for that

Is there any devices he may have signed into his google account that he may have accepted to save his password?

No he do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

maryk123 wrote: »

If the question was answered correctly why could you access the Google account. What error are you getting there? He did supply a mobile number for the Google account?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Any chance android smartphone is in use with same G account?

Or on other PC G account password would be saved in the browser?

When we answered the question correctly it said there is not enough proof showing this account belongs to you. It asked for mobile nnumber it could send a code to which I gave my number and I got the code and put it in and google will get back to us. So I will just wait and see. I was looking to see was there live chat but it’s impossible to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Was it same number used when account was set up? If not, it's unusual that they sent a verification code.

Tip for future (not a fix for your current problem):
    Set up an account with a provider such as proton mail (free for low usage) to use as an option to send verification codes to.

Hi all contacted ps4 helpline this morning and they changed his email to my email and then emailed me a new password. Phew thank god for that. Thanks for all your help and ideas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement