Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WhatsApp vs Messenger - Differences?

Options
  • 22-09-2018 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

What are the differences between WhatsApp and Facebook’s Messenger? (I’ve never used Messenger)

Both require either WiFi or 3G/4G data. Correct? So, cost-wise, they’re the same. I.e. Free if you’re using WiFi, or not if you’re eating into your data allowance. Is that correct?

In terms of user-experience (interface, etc.) are they similar? E.g. both ad-free?

Anything else?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Broadly similar. IMO Facebook Messenger is a better app and plays nicer when you have multiple devices, but WhatsApp is (for now) a bit better in terms of privacy and with less advertisement.

But basically with this type of apps it comes down which ones the people you want to get in touch with are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

Messenger can be good for communicating with people without needing their actual contact number as you just search the name and message them. But personally I'd rarely use messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

I've always preferred WhatsApp mainly due to the fact that all my friends message on Whatsapp. Also, not sure if it's just my phone or what but messenger always seems a bit clunky and slow to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Natasha78

WhatsApp focuses on easy, secure messaging with end-to-end encryption, whereas Messenger includes extra features like as games, stickers, and interaction with Facebook. Choose WhatsApp for private messages or Messenger for a more engaging and social experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Natasha78

• Advertisement
Advertisement