Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting HKC compatible camera in front of house?

Options
  • 22-09-2018 3:03pm

Hi,

I've a HKC wireless alarm system which was installed in the house this year but I didn't put any cameras in the front of (or anywhere in) the house as for me it always looks a bit knackery to have them so obviously visible there.

However, there have been a few incidents - notably people allowing their dogs to poo on my driveway and lawn only for my toddlers to come across it that I'm thinking of putting in some discreet camera covering the front garden.

Would people have any recommendations for such a camera that would be compatible with my HKC system? I've paid for the HKC app, but didn't bother paying for the full monitoring. Therefore, what are my options for storing any video recording from the camera? What's the most cost effective solution here? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

You have paid for the app. Are you paying the monthly/ yearly fee to hkc?

You have paid for the app. Are you paying the monthly/ yearly fee to hkc?

I paid €57 or something for the app (renewable annually) but that's it. No monthly fee for monitoring à là Phonewatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

You could do what you want, but it's only still shots. You by law must put up a sign you have camera/ cameras.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

by law must put up a sign you have camera/ cameras.

Simply not true.

Advertisement