Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ray D'Arcy Show - 22nd. September 2018

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pyrex, one of my desert island brands, never go wrong.

I actually liked Home Economics, it was a different time though, couldn't have done it without getting the absolute piss taken out of me.

Lots of boys in my class (mixed school) did Home Economics, Social & Scientific, for Leaving Cert, just to get maybe extra points. None had attended the classes, but all at least passed the honours, and some got the honour, extra points for CAO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Not usually into the blonde bimbo thing but there's definitely something alluring about Jenny Dixon.

Yeah I think she's just a sweet girl.
    Can be quite endearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

That's it Decco, cover up her cleavage with the apron, the only last saving grace from this debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Yeah I think she's just a sweet girl.
    Can be quite endearing.

I think that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Tina.
    Lol

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

WHERE IS SHE????

WE NEED TO KNOW

She’s Wowing as much as Jowel Fateen Duffy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Not Cark?

• Advertisement
    M

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Hugh Heffner didn't like pancakes

Hugh would unlikely have been a fan of this modern #metoo racket :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

She’s Wowing as much as Jowel Fateen Duffy
    Impossible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Darcy looks like a little old man. That suit looks stupid on him along with the shoes. Get rid of the beard man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The problem with Darcy is that he had a child too late in life

Running porridge superman

No Raymond

Had my kids in my early 20's and I'm young enough to keep up without having to change my lifestyle

You are the exception not the reality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

No Raymond

Had my kids in my early 20's and I'm young enough to keep up without having to change my lifestyle

I'd say the problem is more that he's been given a Saturday night chat show, but has not demonstrated any ability to carry out such a role.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I don't know which old man trying to be young and hip is worse... D'Arcy and his beard of tubs and his Hitler youth haircut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I don't know which old man trying to be young and hip is worse... D'Arcy and his beard of tubs and his Hitler youth haircut

All I can say is that, despite the state of the current Late Late, Tubbs on Saturday was way better than Ray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭nc6000

Nevins clearly fond of his own desserts

Ah give over! You can't be mean to Neven, he's a lovely fellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

The actors who play Kerri Ann and Mondo look quite different in real life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭nc6000

Has Neven just got back from the darts championships?

And you can stop it too! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

What happened to Ray over the summer? He looks to have aged by about 20 years, that beard doesn't help. I'm glad I don't run or eat porridge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

sligojoek wrote: »
    Pancakes in September. Only on RTE.

pancakes, they're not just for Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I kjnow. We do them all year round in this house. What I meant was you normally only have celeb chefs doing them in Feb. And Ray's da's recipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    All I can say is that, despite the state of the current Late Late, Tubbs on Saturday was way better than Ray.

The more I see of Ray on a Saturday night the more I appreciate The Late Late. I used to think that Tubs was atrocious, but at least he's somewhat able to think on his feet and to a certain extent his awkwardness is his style. He's far - really far - from Johnny Carson but he's watchable enough, I never thought I'd say that.

Ray is just not able for it. Why was it again that Brendan O' Connor - who to my eyes is better, way better than either of Tubs or Ray - isn't presenting this show again?

I enjoy the hatewatch of the D'arcy show for what it is and the thread is usually good for a few laughes, but I wouldn't say no to interesting guests and an engaging host.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Ray darcy is ok. Seriously guys there's a lot worse than him . !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

madmaggie wrote: »
    What happened to Ray over the summer? He looks to have aged by about 20 years, that beard doesn't help. I'm glad I don't run or eat porridge.

The whites of his eyes are brown...on my telly anyway. I don't know what to make of the beard. He could try growing the smigeen and putting it in a ponytail.

The novelty of the beard will be gone by Christmas anyway.

The beard does him no favours. It's pure white. Maybe he's playing santy in a play at Christmas.

The beard does him no favours. It's pure white. Maybe he's playing santy in a play at Christmas.

Jayzzz, he’d by a scary Santy, look at the affect he had on poor Tadhg!

They aren’t getting the amount of taxpayers money that he is for his efforts. I’d be far worse, haven’t got the nerve or neck to do it or think at all on my feet, but then again I haven’t even thought of going for any such gig.

• Advertisement

No Raymond

I know a lot of people who had kids late in life, or not at all, and they’re not shoveling actual or metaphorical porridge down their and everyone else’s throats.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

He's getting a bit of hard press alright. Look he's a poor tv show host but there's a lot of rubbish being talked about the age you have children and...porridge:D

You can look old and be in great health and have great energy and vice versa. There's no hard and fast rules about when you have children. In your 20s sounds ideal but others might feel their youth was curtailed. Michael Collins father was 74/75 when he was born. So if he didn't do the business at that age the country could be a little different :P Everyone likes to think their lifestyle choices are best. Cut the man a bit of slack (Darcy).

Yeah I'm late 20s and the thought of having a kid, the responsibility, the thought of being tied down forever is too much...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

They should move Tubridy back to Saturday nights, as he is not suited to the heavy stuff, but is happy with the D-List Celebs.

I'd like to see Tommy Tiernan getting a shot at the LLS. He did very well in his own chat show. He can't be any worse that what we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

KevRossi wrote: »

They should move Tubridy back to Saturday nights, as he is not suited to the heavy stuff, but is happy with the D-List Celebs.

I'd like to see Tommy Tiernan getting a shot at the LLS. He did very well in his own chat show. He can't be any worse that what we have.
    Both late late and ray darcy are live. Tommy tiernan is recorded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

No need for any talk shows on rte let alone 2. Tubs isn't great but fook me it's a mortal sin that Darcy is getting that crazy money. He is bloody terrible.

I actually like Ray tbh. He's so bad it's funny. That segment with Decco and Mondo last night was hilarious.

I can't even remember them mentioning Nevins book.

Both late late and ray darcy are live. Tommy tiernan is recorded.

He’d be well able to adapt to live tv interviewing. The man is talented, flexible and highly intelligent. Use the to like him but I think the years have seen him blossom.

Advertisement