Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW7 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    Tempted by Aguero to Kane for a captaincy move....

What’s wrong with Brighton at home for an inform player ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

km79 wrote: »
    What’s wrong with Brighton at home for an inform player ?

The fear of a 54min low return game....

dahat wrote: »
    The fear of a 54min low return game....

Kane has shown absolutely nothing to justify the extra outlay never mind the captaincy

I refuse to get burned again
    If he shows a few weeks of actually looking like a footballer I may consider him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Holding out for concrete news on Mendy is proving to be really difficult. Hope I don't regret refusing to cut him quicker. Still hoping to bank this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Has Hazards goal tonite changed any minds that were selling him.

On Aguero, he’s played something stupid like every home game since the start of last season that he’s been fit for. They are playing Brighton, who Southampton made look like a conference league team just two weeks ago.

That’s SOUTHAMPTON who had Shane Long up front.

That’s SHANE LONG!!!

SHANE F**KING LONG

Those talking about swapping him for Kane it’s a huge risk and the guy who said he was swapping him cause he wanted a captain option for the weekend...... I am speechless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bilva or Moura

If it's to act as a Kane enabler then I would rule out Moura. Whatever about potential rotation headaches*, I don't think Spurs justify taking up 2 of 6/7/8 attacking slots.

*I think Moura will rank as a very high rotation risk compared to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Green&Red wrote: »

On Aguero, he’s played something stupid like every home game since the start of last season that he’s been fit for. They are playing Brighton, who Southampton made look like a conference league team just two weeks ago.

That’s SHANE LONG!!!

SHANE F**KING LONG

Those talking about swapping him for Kane it’s a huge risk and the guy who said he was swapping him cause he wanted a captain option for the weekend...... I am speechless

I an very much planning on getting Kane as an attempt to pre-empt points rather than buy players after they score big. That's what the game is about essentially.

Kanes low point was the Watford game. His average position heat map in that game was comical. He has been improving since and crucially getting some chances. Player comparison tool on FFS shows his stats as better than most other premium strikers over the last few games even including the Watford debacle.

Yes he has done nothing to justify his price. But Busts was spot on when he said elsewhere that that success this seaspn will depend on hopping onto the premium players around their best potential scoring runs (I.e. when they play Cardiff :)) Stats, eye test and gut make Kane worth a punt if you can fit him.

However. I won't be selling Aguero for him under any circumstances. Fully with you on him.

I'm building my wildcard around having 3 spots for premium attackers. 3 from Aguero, Kane, Hazard, Salah, Sterling pretty much.

Aguero, Kane and Salah (or maybe Sterling for 2 weeks) will probably be the three with best potential for the next 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

FHFC wrote: »

That’s SHANE LONG!!!

SHANE F**KING LONG

I an very much planning on getting Kane as an attempt to pre-empt points rather than buy players after they score big.  That's what the game is about essentially.

Kanes low point was the Watford game.  His average position heat map in that game was comical.  He has been improving since and crucially getting some chances.  Player comparison tool on FFS shows his stats as better than most other premium strikers over the last few games even including the Watford debacle.

Yes he has done nothing to justify his price.  But Busts was spot on when he said elsewhere that that success this seaspn will depend on hopping onto the premium players around their best potential scoring runs (I.e. when they play Cardiff :)) Stats, eye test and gut make Kane worth a punt if you can fit him.

However.  I won't be selling Aguero for him under any circumstances.   Fully with you on him.

I'm building my wildcard around having 3 spots for premium attackers.  3 from Aguero, Kane, Hazard, Salah, Sterling pretty much.

Aguero, Kane and Salah (or maybe Sterling for 2 weeks) will probably be the three with best potential for the next 3 weeks.
    I have already built my WC with this 3 premium make up. and this week it is Salah out for  Kane. 
    Kane v Huddersfield& Cardiff has much more potential than Salah v Chelsea, City.
    My plan is to get Salah back in and that could be for Aguero. We'll know more in 2 weeks. 
    Huge diffrential this season will be hopping on the premiums and getting captains right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That’s SHANE LONG!!!

SHANE F**KING LONG

"Shane Long" in capital letters means only one thing....

CSF wrote: »
    Looking for a midfielder for 7.7 million as a Kane enabler. All things being equal, Maddison would be the guy. However, I don't think this is going to be a long-term move. I don't want Kane for too long and will have value to use before long.

Newcastle away first and they've an average of 2 home goals conceded per game. But if you look closer that is from 3 games against Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Leicester are less of an attacking threat than those sides too. That is followed by Everton at home which I think might be tougher than it looks also. Arsenal first up after the international break also so unless I'm planning on sticking with him for the medium-term it doesn't seem so appealing.

Chief candidates are Bernardo Silva who was given the night off last night, Ramsey who was playing the number 10 role for Arsenal at the weekend and is a all round getter of scaldy goals/assists, and outside bets of Sigurdsson/Walcott, however I already have Richarlison and don't really think an Everton attacking double up looks on.

For reference, my other midfielders would be Mane, Fraser, Richarlison and eh Stephens.

Thoughts on a postcard please.
    I disagree on Maddison but if you're not pushed on him I'd definitely go Ramsey. Think the top 5 midfield in the game right now is:
    Hazard Mane Richarlison Maddison Ramsey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭boccy23

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I disagree on Maddison but if you're not pushed on him I'd definitely go Ramsey. Think the top 5 midfield in the game right now is:
    Hazard Mane Richarlison Maddison Ramsey

Struggle to see the merit in Ramsey.

Gameweek Points so far:

There are 37 other midfielders ahead of him on scoring this year so far, including Xhaka @ £5.3M if an Arsenal player was needed.

boccy23 wrote: »

Gameweek Points so far:

There are 37 other midfielders ahead of him on scoring this year so far, including Xhaka @ £5.3M if an Arsenal player was needed.

Maybe he watches the games every week.

boccy23 wrote: »

Gameweek Points so far:

New manager at Arsenal, took a few games to figure out how to fit in Laca and PEA in the same team, then Ozil and Micky in the same team. Looks like they've finally cracked it with a very attacking front 4, which Ramsey is the center number 10. He's scored well in a deeper role in previous seasons, and has an upcoming fixture list of Watford, Fulham, Leicester, Palace.

FHFC wrote: »
    I an very much planning on getting Kane as an attempt to pre-empt points rather than buy players after they score big. That's what the game is about essentially.

I repeatedly did this last year with Kane despite him not looking like he could even run at the time
    It ruined my season

I’ll wait until he actually scores well before I even consider him this season

And it won’t be this weekend with aguero already being an excellent captaincy shout
    Tbh I don’t know if I will get him at all
    He sickened me last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

High possibility Ramsey won't start.

Has to be an 'either Ramsey or Ozil' thing now. Wouldn't be bringing him in.

callaway92 wrote: »
    High possibility Ramsey won't start.

Has to be an 'either Ramsey or Ozil' thing now. Wouldn't be bringing him in.

Why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It looks like Ramsey, Ozil & Mkhitaryan will be filling two spots in the front four. I wouldn't say any of them are 'guaranteed' starters over the coming weeks.

However Arsenal play Qarabag away on the 4th October and Mkhitaryan won't be playing that game due to issues between Armenia & Azerbaijan so I would say good chance he plays the league games either side of it.

Ozil will probably be “ill” again soon anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

A
    Bavies --> bennett
    Success --> arnie

B
    Bavies --> Bellerin/another 5.4 or under
    Aguero --> kane

Thoughts? Gonna be taking a -4 either way I'm leaning towards A

A
    Bavies --> bennett
    Success --> arnie

B
    Aguero --> kane

Are you selling Bavies and buying arnie in A ?
    Arnie may not even be fit

For B I defo would not be selling aguero
    I think anyone considering that needs to reconsider

• Advertisement

Are you selling Bavies and buying arnie in A ?
    Arnie may not even be fit

For B I defo would not be selling aguero
    I think anyone considering that needs to reconsider

Yeah I'm expecting arnie to be fit but would wait on news first.

I think kane outscores aguero this week and next week was my thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

A
    Bavies --> bennett
    Success --> arnie

B
    Aguero --> kane

There is some logic in B if you want Kane but I don't see what you really achieve with A. If you want Arnie, you'd be better waiting a week or two, it's not worth taking a -4 for a guy who may not play this week.

If you went Bavies to Bennett would you have enough to upgrade another striker to Kane? I'd also question how much you really want Kane given your A scenario, its a big outlay for a guy you are not sure on.

I repeatedly did this last year with Kane despite him not looking like he could even run at the time
    It ruined my season

I’ll wait until he actually scores well before I even consider him this season

And it won’t be this weekend with aguero already being an excellent captaincy shout
    Tbh I don’t know if I will get him at all
    He sickened me last year

Have the same experience of Kane in general. I hate him FPL wise really.

But I'm not gonna let that cloud my judgement on him, with half decent underlying stats and A++ fixtures in his favour. I'm struggling badly this year so I need to go with the gut and try and get back in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I think kane outscores aguero this week and next week was my thinking

don't let me sway you, please. it is your team.

but, Kane hasn't looked like a footballer yet this season, bar arguably the Utd game, and even in that he actually wasn't great. he could go crazy. but just be aware that he's probably relying heavily on his team, and on Huddrsfield being utterly atrocious, because his form is awful.

and yes, I know it's Huddersfield.

Aguero will start, and you're relying on Kane to outscore Aguero by a goal to just break even. that is not a percentage move at all. if it was for free, i'd be more willing to get on board, even though i'd still personally keep Aguero.

however, it is your call. you could hit the jackpot and make me look like a fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

The way I see it, both Aguero and Kane are likely to score this weekend, but if one of them is to score two, it's more likely to be Aguero (his team is playing better, creating more, scoring more and are at home).

Yous have made me see sense lads aguero is staying if I get news on arnie I will go with A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

With the Eriksen news I've changed my mind on Moura to Bilva.

Now strongly considering Salah to Sterling for 2 gws and reassess the Liverpool mid situation.

Might be dangerous going with no pool coverage though

Now strongly considering Salah to Sterling for 2 gws and reassess the Liverpool mid situation.

whats the Erikson news?

Just seen balls not in the squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Salah is probably guaranteed 2 games while Sterling has Liverpool away and he hasn't done too well there in the past.
    Rotation could be making an eejit of us all this weekend, I'm tempted to Silva/Firmino to Hazard/Mitro for -8 but that could backfire, also contemplating Siggy/Firmino to Lennon/Kane in fact every permutation including wildcard is fraught with danger, the pressers are going to be vital this weekend.

Advertisement