Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung s8 or s9 + 128gb memory card

• 22-09-2018 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I see amazon have both phones on sale on amazon.de

S8 -395 delivered + 128gb card
    S9 -550 delivered + 128gb card

Would I be better off buying the s8 because of the android software updates. Do Samsung stop supporting phones after a while.

Coming from a moto G5 Plus. Or would the huawei p20 pro be a better buy from three mobile at 599e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Rida wrote: »
    I see amazon have both phones on sale on amazon.de

S8 -395 delivered + 128gb card
    S9 -550 delivered + 128gb card

Would I be better off buying the s8 because of the android software updates. Do Samsung stop supporting phones after a while.

Coming from a moto G5 Plus. Or would the huawei p20 pro be a better buy from three mobile at 599e

FWIW i have the s8 and i think it's immense. I couldn't justify the difference between the s8 & s9 for the price, the plus models would be an easier pill to swallow. I also have a 128gb card in my phone, although i have barely scratched the surface of the 64gb.

The s8 is mooted by Samsung themselves to get an update to pie so you might well be safe for another 12-18 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Think you meant to say the S9 because of the updates... Should get an additional year of security patches and perhaps 1 additional Android update.

If it were me I'd go for the S8.
    Or even the S8 plus if not that much dearer as battery is a little bigger at 3500mah vs 3000mah (although so is the screen).

Advertisement