Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub 150 euro PC challenge

Options
  • 22-09-2018 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

My trust raspberry pi has functioned well as a work laptop, and as a wall mounted entertainment unit for music and light browsing. Netflix performance is poor and requires a convoluted work around.
    After seeing a new athlon is on the way i was wondering about putting together a small pc, mainly with old discounted components. I look forward to your recommendations
    What is your budget? [€150

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Light browsing. music, netflix, 1080p tv attached. Some older games or turn based strategy such as Panzer Corps, unity of command or Order of Battle series

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]
    no. will use Ubuntu

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? old DDR3 ram in older computer. may scavenge psu. absolutely hate the case. hard drives already salvaged and put in other computer

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] 1920x1080. no upgrade plans

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?Good with usb mouse keyboards combo.. wireless usb network card or motherboard equivalent required

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]
    All

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]
    no great rush

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Midlands

Comments

Advertisement