Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seeking bassist and drummer to complete originals band.

• 22-09-2018 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, we are two 22 year old lads from Dublin/Wicklow looking to start a pop/rock band with two guys around our age 18- 25.

We are both singers as well as guitar/keys players. We have been together for about 7 months as a duo, have been writing and recording demos, and we are now looking for a drummer and bassist. We have a strong fan base in the UK and Dublin, as a result of our previous band which split recently due to change in music direction. In our old band we sold out the Olympia theatre in Dublin, the O2 Forum, London, and have completed 2 European tours.

At the moment we are recording demos in Abbey road studios, London, but we are based in Dublin.

Influences include: Oasis, Imagine Dragons, U2, Coldplay, Arcade fire, Red Hot chillis, The Script, Onereublic, Kygo, Martin Garrix, Sigala, Kodaline, James Morrison, Beatles, Ed Sheeran, Florence & Machine, as well as Calvin Harris/Sigma/Disclosure type stuff for beats mainly.

In terms of experience - if you’re a beginner, or even if you are not a bassist/drummer, but you’re a guitarist etc and think you could play either, that’s cool, we’d love to try something out.

Huge amount of experience is not necessary, as long as you want to learn and have a bit of craic on the way, things will hopefully work themselves out! You don’t have to be a pro musician either, if you’re someone who feels the need to take a chance, then you’ll fit right in with us.

This is a serious band, but the main thing we are looking for is someone who is a team player and who we can get along well with. If you’re the sort of person who is reasonable, level headed and sound, but most importantly, has a very positive attitude and is ambitious, that’s 90% of what we’re after.

You would definitely need to be a hard worker, and we’re looking for someone who can fully commit. All we ask is that if you are interested, please only reply if you are ready to be 100 percent committed to what will hopefully be an adventure, but a very hard slog too. (It’s not all hard though, we wouldn’t be doing it if we didn’t enjoy the banter while we’re at it!)

By the way, you don’t have to be from Dublin, if you’re interested enough we can chat about working something out location wise for rehearsals etc.

If this sounds like something you’re interested in, send us an email at rozzer95@gmail.com or message me on this with your:

• facebook/insta/youtube/Soundcloud or whatever you have, as well as your:
    • age & something with your photo

Apologies for not posting our own links/names here but we would like to keep this post somewhat private for the moment, we’ll fill you in when we meet you. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Asp3010

Hi guys, I sent you an email

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nico86

are you still looking for members?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eisen1968

ooh baby

You sold out the Olympia, the O2,have completed two european tours, have a fan base in both the Uk and Ireland, YOU ARE CURRENTLY RECORDING AT ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS, and you are advertising on " boards.ie" for new members. Really?

Sorry boards, no disrespect intended.

Something with my photo, will my passport or drivers licence do for this or maybe my public services card. Please let me know which one you would prefer, as there is a photo of me on each one and i want you to pick the best one.

• Advertisement

Just sent an email there with my bank account details and pin as well. Ring me soon i cant wait to hook up with you guys and record in Abbey Road as well. Bye for now. Chat soon, call me and lets get rockin soon.

Sorry i forgot to mention, My last band was called " SEND NOTHING"

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MurraySam

eisen1968 wrote: »
    You sold out the Olympia, the O2,have completed two european tours, have a fan base in both the Uk and Ireland, YOU ARE CURRENTLY RECORDING AT ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS, and you are advertising on " boards.ie" for new members. Really?

Sorry boards, no disrespect intended.

Hey man, apologies for my delayed response. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that way about my post - that it is a "scam," so to speak.

Just want to preface my reply by saying that I appreciate that you are more than likely a decent person who has seen something that looks, at least from your perspective to be something dodgy, and is trying to warn other people, so genuine fair play to you for that, but all I can say is you might have got the wrong end of the stick in this case.

It is a little disappointing to see that you seem to be saying our post is a scam. In this day and age it's difficult enough to go about doing things independently in the music industry, putting on gigs and finding members etc, as I am sure you can appreciate if you are a musician yourself, so to see someone get the wrong impression and try to publicly call us out for something that we are not guilty of is a little disheartening.

I do take it as a bit of compliment, if i may be so bold as to do so, that you consider our past/current achievements "too unrealistic" for a band that posts on boards looking for members, but as I have no other way of proving our legitimacy other than what I say here, there's nothing I can really do except say thanks. (Not trying to be cheeky haha but it's just an unintended funny bit i guess)

Anyway man, I honestly do wish you all the best, it's unfortunate that this happened, but I have to defend our reputation to anyone that may see this post online, as the irish music scene is a small one. I hope we meet in better circumstances somewhere.

If you need any more info do let me know, but otherwise, thanks for getting in touch, and best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MurraySam

Nico86 wrote: »
    are you still looking for members?

Hey man, yes we are, apologies for the slow reply. Send me a message or give me an email at rozzer95@gmail.com Cheers!

MurraySam wrote: »
    Hey man, apologies for my delayed response. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that way about my post - that it is a "scam," so to speak.

Just want to preface my reply by saying that I appreciate that you are more than likely a decent person who has seen something that looks, at least from your perspective to be something dodgy, and is trying to warn other people, so genuine fair play to you for that, but all I can say is you might have got the wrong end of the stick in this case.

It is a little disappointing to see that you seem to be saying our post is a scam. In this day and age it's difficult enough to go about doing things independently in the music industry, putting on gigs and finding members etc, as I am sure you can appreciate if you are a musician yourself, so to see someone get the wrong impression and try to publicly call us out for something that we are not guilty of is a little disheartening.

I do take it as a bit of compliment, if i may be so bold as to do so, that you consider our past/current achievements "too unrealistic" for a band that posts on boards looking for members, but as I have no other way of proving our legitimacy other than what I say here, there's nothing I can really do except say thanks. (Not trying to be cheeky haha but it's just an unintended funny bit i guess)

Anyway man, I honestly do wish you all the best, it's unfortunate that this happened, but I have to defend our reputation to anyone that may see this post online, as the irish music scene is a small one. I hope we meet in better circumstances somewhere.

If you need any more info do let me know, but otherwise, thanks for getting in touch, and best of luck to you.

No bother, I'm a 19 yr old drummer vocalist guitarist and songwriter living just outside of gorey. Number is 0863846765

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement