Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel policy if you book a double room as a single person

Options
  • 22-09-2018 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

What is the policy of hotels in Ireland if you book a double room as a single person but wanted to bring someone back to stay the night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Speedo24

Gh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Shouldn't be a problem unless they expect breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    What is the policy of hotels in Ireland if you book a double room as a single person but wanted to bring someone back to stay the night?

It usually depends on if there's a night porter who has to let you in and the state of the person you are bringing in.

It's not really a consumer issue as they are well within their rights to refuse as you only contracted the room for 1 person and you want to change the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eirbear1989

Depends on the hotel, a lot you will be able to walk into without any issue, but some will ask you on the door for room number and name and they may turn the other person away!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Just kick them out after. I would only expect it to be an issue if they slept there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Most hotels now simply rent the room - if its a double, then two can stay.

If its a hotel that sells on a per person basis (becoming rare thankfully) then they may ask for an extra fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

kathleen37 wrote: »
    Just kick them out after. I would only expect it to be an issue if they slept there.

This is why I only use hotels that rent rooms by the hour.

And I refuse to pay the extra fiver for the linen change, rip-off republic alive and well.

Advertisement