Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up email with Outlook App issue

Options
  • 22-09-2018 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hey folks, trying to set up the parents email address with the Microsoft Outlook app on their phone.

Their email address is an old one - xxx@eircom.net.

Normally when at home they would access it through the PC via Outlook.

When away they would use the webmail website and enter their email address and password.

However it would be a lot easier for them to access it through the Microsoft Outlook app on their phones.

I downloaded the app on the phone and added the email account address and entered the password they use for accessing via webmail, but basically told me the password is incorrect. So not sure if that password is solely only for webmail.

It then came up saying Connect IMAP

For IMAP Income Email Server
    Host name: wembail.eircom.net:993
    IMAP Username: xxx@eircom.net (email address)
    IMAP Password: currently blank

For SMTP Outgoing Email Server
    SMTP Host Name: mail1.eircom.net:25
    SMTP Username: xxx@eircom.net (email address)
    SMTP Password: currently blank

I entered the password the use for webmail for both IMAP & SMTP and it came up saying Log-in Error - Please check your email and password and try again.

Any ideas?

Is there likely to be some other password? Would it be possible to find the other password from the PC where outlook is currently set up?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What is mobile provider?

Outgoing server will depend on ISP of the phone you are setting mail on.
    Sample for Vodafone:

Server Type-IMAP

Incoming Server Settings
    Incoming Server: webmail.eircom.net
    Port: 993 or 143
    Authentication: Password (Normal)
    SSL/TLS (Security): SSL/TLS

Outgoing (SMTP) Server Settings
    Outgoinging (SMTP) Server: mail.vodafone.ie
    Port: 25
    Authentication: None
    SSL/TLS: None

Check List of Irish ISP's outgoing SMTP server
    Note: provided as is from G search, hopefully not changed, for correct up-to-date details contact your phone provider.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Vodafone no longer provide email. So what is the alternative for outgoing email servers on Vodafone broadband?

Vodafone no longer provide email. So what is the alternative for outgoing email servers on Vodafone broadband?
    See this mail.vodafone.ie not working
    Try mail.iol.ie

Scratch that , seems its also down

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

See this mail.vodafone.ie not working
    Try mail.iol.ie

Scratch that , seems its also down

Mail.iol.ie does not work because BT withdrew the service a long time ago.

Mail.vodafone.ie does not work anymore because Vodafone withdrew the srevice last November, but in fact at the end of 2018. They now offer no email service at all.

Eir support it, so I am moving to Eir, which saves me about €250 in the first year, and I can move to another supplier after that. I also get a few interesting freebies as well.

• Advertisement

Mail.iol.ie does not work because BT withdrew the service a long time ago.

Mail.vodafone.ie does not work anymore because Vodafone withdrew the srevice last November, but in fact at the end of 2018. They now offer no email service at all.

Eir support it, so I am moving to Eir, which saves me about €250 in the first year, and I can move to another supplier after that. I also get a few interesting freebies as well.
    I think i seen in other thread suggestion to move away from eir/iol and get G or outlook and i agree. It would be lengthy process to get all your corespondents to new platform, but you have to start at some point. Forwarding/alias for beginning and then is matter of getting use to it unless you have specific reason to stick with "dying" stuff. It doesn't seem to get any better/sustain

Advertisement