Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly Butcher

• 22-09-2018 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Looking for some advice. Been told by my doctor I need drink bone broth. Need bones to make it. Went to two butchers and wanted to pay wasn't expecting to get them for free but they seemed very reluctant to give them to me. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a friendly butcher who I could go to and ask. As I said I don't mind buying them.

Raheen roxboro city centre side town be great as will need to get them regularly

Many thanks

Comments

There's a father and son butchers on John's square - I can't remember the name, but there's only one - they're really nice people and I think they'd sort you out if they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Seamus Butlers top of William Street good lads will see you right good prices too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Try Flavins butchers in Greenpark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nolan's in Corbally are one of the best in town...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

yogalady wrote: »
    Hi there

Looking for some advice. Been told by my doctor I need drink bone broth. Need bones to make it. Went to two butchers and wanted to pay wasn't expecting to get them for free but they seemed very reluctant to give them to me. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a friendly butcher who I could go to and ask. As I said I don't mind buying them.

Raheen roxboro city centre side town be great as will need to get them regularly

Many thanks

Everyone is going to name their butcher and we'll soon have a list of all the butchers in Limerick. Two I'd recommend are Garretts on Fr. Russell Road, and Jack Spratts in Roxboro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Happy Butcher Noel O'Connor, William Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Not a medical related thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

She's looking for bone broth, not medical advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I used to get bones in O'Loughlin Butchers on upper William St for no charge, has been a few years though so not sure if they still give them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Hoppermcgrath

Aldi does bone broth.  Hopefully will be suitable

• Advertisement
Advertisement