Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing jobs

Options
  • 23-09-2018 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I have childcare qualifications. I've been working as a childminder/nanny for many years. I'm not happy any more and I would like to get away from childcare.

I need help giving up and changing jobs. I don't know what to do. I would need something that pays a decent wage so I would be looking at something like 26/27000 euro per annum. I'm not in a position to go to college and study full time, unfortunately. I admire anyone who goes into adult education and studies but its just not for me. It's not going to pay the bills. I could consider a course perhaps part time or even studies.

I found my passion in life and it's through my hobby in my spare time and that is very satisfying and fulfilling. I dont feel I need to go down the route of finding fulfillment in any future work. Obviously I would need to like what I do but so long as it pays well, I would be good.

I have no idea what to do. I do know I need to give up my current role and change things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

C.Jobs.18 wrote: »
    I have childcare qualifications. I've been working as a childminder/nanny for many years. I'm not happy any more and I would like to get away from childcare.
    C.Jobs.18 wrote: »
    I dont feel I need to go down the route of finding fulfillment in any future work. Obviously I would need to like what I do but so long as it pays well, I would be good.

Aren't you kind of contradicting yourself here?

What's the point of leaving a job you don't like for another unsatisfying job?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

How about SNA work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Have a look at springboard.

These are eu funded courses ( if you are employed you pay 10% of the cost, unemployed pay 0)
    The courses are all about upskilling and using transferable skills.
    I have moved from hospitality to medical device manufacturing.
    I am working at entry level but the pay is 25 % more than what I was earning with potential for more. Besides that though the course I did has opened more avenues for learning and in February I will, all going well begin work on an engineering degree.

Advertisement