Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed on working out loan repayments

• 23-09-2018 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could point me to an online calculator to help me work out the repayments on the below scenario

Amount if loan: €45,000
    Term ;2 years
    Rate : 6%

Am expecting that it will be a monthly Standing Order..

Am doing a projected CashFlow for the lending institution and want to see what the monthly loan repayments would be.

Note: loan not yet approved. Just getting my ducks in a row!

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Masala wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone could point me to an online calculator to help me work out the repayments on the below scenario

Amount if loan: €45,000
    Term ;2 years
    Rate : 6%

Am expecting that it will be a monthly Standing Order..

Am doing a projected CashFlow for the lending institution and want to see what the monthly loan repayments would be.

Note: loan not yet approved. Just getting my ducks in a row!

Many thanks

1995.00 per month is pretty close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Masala

3DataModem wrote: »
    1995.00 per month is pretty close.

Many thanks..... would it not start with high repayments but as you pay off the amount outstanding will fall anf therefore the repayments would be lower ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Many thanks..... would it not start with high repayments but as you pay off the amount outstanding will fall anf therefore the repayments would be lower ?

€2000 per month would be €48000 total. Level payments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

No, term loans are usually structured as fixed monthly payments so what happens is that in the early days, more of your monthly payment goes on interest but as the capital reduces, so does the monthly interest meaning that more of the payment goes against the capital.

In month 1 of your hypothetical loan, the interest would be €219 but after one year, the interest in month 13 would be €112.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

here's a calculator showing how loans are paid
    https://www.amortization-calc.com/

In your case repayment is 1994 / month

A bank may prefer you to show repayments for a 48 month loan instead of trying to force payment into the 1st 2 years. You can usually pay off early without penalty

Over 4 years repayments would be 1057/month

• Advertisement
Advertisement