Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some info needed

Options
  • 23-09-2018 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Any up to date info would be appreciated as i,m trawling through the net like a headless chicken in a maze : ) what financial help can i get towards the cost of eye test,lenses etc,am on a disability payment,cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Foggles

You would most likely get your eye exam covered and basic specs covered too. Go into your optometrist with your PPS no. and they will do the paperwork for you. It's pretty straight forward.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

damon5 wrote: »
    Any up to date info would be appreciated as i,m trawling through the net like a headless chicken in a maze : ) what financial help can i get towards the cost of eye test,lenses etc,am on a disability payment,cheers.

Do you have a medical card? If so you get a green form from whatever opticians you want to go to and get that approved by your local health board (can take anywhere between 2 and 8 weeks depending on your health board).

If you have been working and have built up enough PRSI payments, you can get it covered by your PRSI. In this case you give your PPS number to the opticians who can check it online.

Both will cover your eye test completely and cover a certain selection of frames completely. If you decide to go outside of the range that are covered by the HSE/PRSI, you get an allowance of about 42 off the total price and you pay the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Yep i have the card,may as well ramble down to the opticians and see what the final costs will be,always way dearer with the add ons,thanks for replies ....

Advertisement